Casillas to SS and Rex Ryan's Scheme (1 Viewer)

Also people saying he cant cover u have to understand, rob ryan runs a 3/4 hybrid kind of like a 4-6, his SS is basically always in the box, He wouldnt be covering WR's he would either be blitzing or covering the tight end, or u could take ur ILB to over the Tight end and put ur SS on the RB or FB actually, but like i said the SS in rex ryan's system is basically a SS, on rushing downs u can have casillas play SS, in passing downs take him out and move IAQ to SS

He covered andre johnson pretty well in 1 on 1 coverage a few timesa year or two ago. Even batted down a pass that schuab threw to johnson.

Its an interesting thought. I think I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

VS Houston

Att6
Com4
66.7%
70yds
17.5ypc
30YAC
26LNG
2TD
1PD
145.8 RATING

he would be covering Tight ends, running back, or blitzing, not saying its a great idea just a thought, idk how he could be worse in coverage then harper or pollard, but he is faster than both and lays the wood

I'd feel better if they moved Vilma to safety and I'd be strongly against that idea too.

Ok please no one call me an idiot or be like OMG are u serious he cant cover or blah blah blah, im speaking strictly hypotheticaly. He played SS in college, has 4.49 speed, and can lay the wood, he is an undersized linebacker but at 6"2 230 he could be a good SS ONLY in the right scheme, kind of like a dashon gholston or kam chanecellor bernard pollard role, being faster than all of them actually.

Rob Ryan's 3-4 scheme could be perfect. 50% of his plays are basically Cover 1 man bump and run blitzes, meaning with ur typical 2 man under man coverage u have 4 people blitzing, both cbs covering their WR, the SILB and WILB covering their fullback and running backs, SOLB covering the Tight end. Rob Ryan however is known mainly for a bump and run cover 1 man blitz.

Basically all u do is either take one of the safties out of their Deep zone coverage and either blitz him, or man him up on the tight end allowing the SOLB to blitz. U have to have good press man corners because basically instead of having 2 safties deep u only have 1, this is what patrick robinson is best at, he is a bump and run CB, also drafting someone like jordan poyer or trufant would also be the perfect corner. Also This is what Jenkins excels at.

Any other questions about Ryan's scheme or questions about the 3-4 defense let me know.

But basically we are set at Dline and Safety IMO, we need linebackers and corners, especially corners for him scheme to be succesful, look for us to draft johnathan banks, jordan poyer or desmond trufant.

Only thing i disagree with is the point about Patrick Robinson being a bump and run corner.

He actually sucks@ bump and run. Hes better in off man coverage where he can bait QB's and jump routes. Id liken him to a poor man Asante Samuel.

Only thing i disagree with is the point about Patrick Robinson being a bump and run corner.

He actually sucks@ bump and run. Hes better in off man coverage where he can bait QB's and jump routes. Id liken him to a poor man Asante Samuel.

Well I have to disagree respectfully, ive seen patrick play good bump and run, he is stronger than he looks, uses his arms well and if u put him on an island and basically say take THIS wr out the play he can and will, he isnt a zone corner because frankly he isn't that smart, but he has phenominal natural man cover instincts like nhamdi, not saying he is anywhere near the player he is just that he is good at 1 thing and I think u will all see how good p.rob will be in the right scheme for him AND with a pass rush, i think he will floruish, also i dont like comparing him to Asante who is a pure zone corner, maybe the best zone corner in the NFL, he has played pretty decent for Atlanta but when he was in Philly's Cover 2 scheme he was incredible

If we can bring or sign a pass rusher and sign jordan poyer or desmond trufant who have looked incredible in bump and run I think our Defense could be GREATLY improved, but no matter what i can guarantee rob ryan's forces sean P. to either draft him a corner or sign him one for his man scheme, also I think this will improve jenkins play as well, If only Greer was still young he would be great for us. Mack has nice potential though

I find it hard to believe he's 230. Since he's been here he looks to have gained some size. To me, he looks to be one of our bigger lbs.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

If you want to convert a LB to SS move Will Herring is actually got in coverage (not much else though) and was a safety at Auburn. He didn't move to LB until he came to the NFL.

I like the idea the pepole that don't just think they know everything. So keep up the good work and well put out. Can't hurt to give it a shot I bet he would be a big time hitting Saftey like u said in the right D.

Ok please no one call me an idiot or be like OMG are u serious he cant cover or blah blah blah, im speaking strictly hypotheticaly. He played SS in college, has 4.49 speed, and can lay the wood, he is an undersized linebacker but at 6"2 230 he could be a good SS ONLY in the right scheme, kind of like a dashon gholston or kam chanecellor bernard pollard role, being faster than all of them actually.

Rob Ryan's 3-4 scheme could be perfect. 50% of his plays are basically Cover 1 man bump and run blitzes, meaning with ur typical 2 man under man coverage u have 4 people blitzing, both cbs covering their WR, the SILB and WILB covering their fullback and running backs, SOLB covering the Tight end. Rob Ryan however is known mainly for a bump and run cover 1 man blitz.

Basically all u do is either take one of the safties out of their Deep zone coverage and either blitz him, or man him up on the tight end allowing the SOLB to blitz. U have to have good press man corners because basically instead of having 2 safties deep u only have 1, this is what patrick robinson is best at, he is a bump and run CB, also drafting someone like jordan poyer or trufant would also be the perfect corner. Also This is what Jenkins excels at.

Any other questions about Ryan's scheme or questions about the 3-4 defense let me know.

But basically we are set at Dline and Safety IMO, we need linebackers and corners, especially corners for him scheme to be succesful, look for us to draft johnathan banks, jordan poyer or desmond trufant.

Now watch this....and this is my main reason for wanting Matt Elam.

Using a single high safety/in the box safety is all dandy. However, it makes disguising coverages that much harder.

Id much rather have pair of versatile safeties that can play in the box/blitz/and cover from either the SS/FS position.

Casillas would basically be a cheaper Harper. I want an upgrade. I want a SS that can play in the box and cover the deep 3rd.

Nothing is wrong with ur idea...just seems like more of a speed upgrade.

Once again...we will probably be adapting our coverages if we keep Harper to play him to his strenghts...but Rob Ryan isn't know for blitzing his safeties. Thats not to say that won't be the case here but he USUALLY expects the safeties to be interchangeable.

If i can find the article on Dallas defense i read that in ill post it. Basically they were talking aobut being @ training camp and seeing the FS down in the box...the guy was smaller and the writer basicall was saying he figured hed never see that guy playing in the box.

The advantage of having say Jekins/IAQ @ the safety position is that both can walk down and play the run..while the other rotates over etc etc. Harper/Casillas becaue of their lack of coverage skills don't really allow that..AS MUCH. Not that they cant do it but u wouldn't want Roman Harper/Casillas playing centerfielder from the SS position.

Hey coach, have you put in an app for consultant to the DC? Being that your an expert on the 3-4, can you break down the responsibilities of the SS and explain why our current safeties will fail miserably if still starting next year?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom