Cat in a Tree (She's down!) Go Saints! (1 Viewer)

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, suggestions for getting a cat out of a tree. I am not calling the fire department, like the kids suggested one minute after realizing the cat was up in a tree. :)

This is an outside cat, but she's a drama queen, who's usually first in line for a meal.

She's about 45 feet up a spindly maple - kinda wedged in a crook, with no other big branches underneath her. There are many little bity branches for her to hold on to on the way down. Wooded lot, so no access.

She's been there for at least one day that we know of - not more than two.

It rained on her a little yesterday, and a bit more this morning. It's pouring pretty good right now. (there goes my shoot the hose at her solution)

I've already turned down one offer who was going to use his deerhunting/tree climber to go up there and get her. I just don't trust that tree.

She can move around, and complains loudly when we call her, but she just won't take that first step!

I guess it's just wait her out?

Put some food at the bottom of the tree. If it has been up there for a day already, that should give her a reason to come down. Don't hang around the tree, that would probably just make it nervous.

13L.jpg

:iding: See if I change your user name now! :D

(I asked earlier for you to send me a name change if you want)

:angryrazz: Okay, I'm calling you two at 9 o'clock tonight when I have three crying kids who won't go to bed.

i was going to say shotgun
but those other two look like more fun

About 5 years ago, we had a kitten that got up a large tree (at least 40 ft up, if not higher). Not to scare you, but he stayed up there for a week. It was in the summer, so we were afraid of him getting thirsty that we actually used a water hose and high pressure sprayer thingie to soak him down with water. We tried the food trick countless times, and it didn't work.

Finally, one night after a really bad storm, we looked outside and he was on the deck wanting in. We suspect that he fell out of the tree during the storm. Besides having a wound on his leg where a small branch or something stabbed him, he was fine.

And yeah, I wish this weren't true. We probably got lots of laughs from neighbors spraying down our **** cat with a water hose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom