Cat in a Tree (She's down!) Go Saints! (1 Viewer)

Thanks, jdn. She's still up there and it's been raining all night. Thing is, she's climbed all kinds of trees just as high, and this is the first time (that we know of) where she got too scared to come down.

Build a staircase up to where the cat is, and it can just walk down the stairs.

Actually, I think time is the best answer. Eventually, the cat will come down.

Want to add to your outdoor collection? Come get this huge gray stripe monster that lives under my house, eats from a neighbor, and puts paw prints on my car hood! Yours free, lol!
cajuncook

Post a pic of the tree and I might think of something.

sequoia-tree.jpg

I actually responded to a "cat stuck in tree" call once. The cat was at the very top of a tall pine. We tried to spray it down, but it was just out of reach of our water stream. So the owner said "cut the tree down".

We did.

About halfway through the tree falling, the cat jumped. It landed where the top of the tree was falling. Right after the tree was on the ground, the cat shot out from underneath the limbs and into the house.

Want to add to your outdoor collection? Come get this huge gray stripe monster that lives under my house, eats from a neighbor, and puts paw prints on my car hood! Yours free, lol!
cajuncook
Well look who showed up! How have you been feeling?

Pretty fair some days and lousy on others, Bulldawg, thanks for asking-- that chemo is not hitting me as hard as some others who are getting theirs at the same time...... then again, I am less than 1/2 way.
Bald is beautiful these days, lol!
It will be nice to get that behind me and see if I can return to some semblance of a normal life.
Take care and God Bless
cajuncook
"God's Will Be Done"

I've had cats in trees several times. Usually they will come down when they get hungry enough, but I have to admit I had to call the fire department more than once. They really don't seem to mind in small towns. They put the ladder up to the branch where the cat was and a brave fire fighter who happened to be a cat lover brought the little scamp down from the tree. Of course, this was a very sturdy pine tree. Good luck getting it down!

Jan

Thank you all.

Yes, she is still in the tree!

It poured buckets today, wind and lightning, but still she clung on! When the rain stopped, I went out there and threw a can of tuna across the fence at the base of the tree, hoping to lure her down, but no. She's in the woods in back of us, with no real access. I have a pic of her up there I'll try to post later.

Billie, I do not go searching for these cats! They find me! And no you may not have my address so yours can 'find' me. :D (I'm REALLY glad to see you posting, and wish you continued success!)

Of all the cats, I have to admit, this one has the least common sense - she is not one of the ferals. But she's really sweet and loving - the prissy queen bee of the cats. She was only a few weeks old when my oldest daughter found her in the ditch. She had a hole in her side complete with maggots. We cleaned her up good, and she's been the best cat ever since.

ArmyDave, there is a large pine about 15 feet away from her, that we could get up, but it's kinda far to be poking her with a stick or something. There's another, larger maple that's about 6 feet way, but the branches would make it hard to get up there. Plus, this is on my neighbor's property, so I really don't want to do something that will put somebody at risk.

To be continued....

Here she is. She's usually all fluffed out. Not now!

Attachments

• Boosie.jpg
    Boosie.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 24
looks like the best option would be a deer stand, and a sack or something to put the cat in once you get up there. otherwise you might not have any skin left on you by the time you make it down.

:angryrazz: Okays, I'm calling you two at 9 o'clock tonight when I have three crying kids who won't go to bed.

Oooo, Sharon, let's do a conference call and add in my three crying kids! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Can't think of much for the cat, since I have dogs, but for the kids may I suggest::9:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom