CB Corey Webster (1 Viewer)

benjoefoe

PorkChop Sandwiches!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't seen his name thrown around yet in the forums but what do you guys think of NY Giants CB Corey Webster? He's a St. James Parish native and plays with a ton of heart! Played at LSU and is a two time First Team All American at CB. He's had a slow start but has recently step his game up Starting in place of injured Sam Madison, Webster intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble while playing, shutting down Tampa Bay's best threat Joey Galloway. His pention goes into effect at the end of this season. Watch him against Dallas, I'm telling you the guy is stepping it up!!

It's the DLine that's making him look better than he really is. Giants fans don't seem to like him much either. Not as much as they hate Eli though.

Before all of the anti-LSU Homers start calling you a Homer and suggesting that you get Cecil Collins and Rovelroe Swan as well.....Webster would be a quality back-up. For us he could potentially push for a starting position if not playing time. If the price was right he would be a good pick-up and is someone that could continue to develop and improve.

Flame away!

I would welcome him here in a heart beat as a 3rd or 4th cb. We need all the help we can get. I just don't see him as a starting corner. I would take him over Jason David though because of his size.

Haven't seen his name thrown around yet in the forums but what do you guys think of NY Giants CB Corey Webster? He's a St. James Parish native and plays with a ton of heart! Played at LSU and is a two time First Team All American at CB. He's had a slow start but has recently step his game up Starting in place of injured Sam Madison, Webster intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble while playing, shutting down Tampa Bay's best threat Joey Galloway. His pention goes into effect at the end of this season. Watch him against Dallas, I'm telling you the guy is stepping it up!!

I'll assume that you know him personally (looking at your location). Corey's a decent player. I liked him at LSU, but I honestly thought Daniels would be the better pro. I also thought Webster would be better in NY than he has been -- both have proved me wrong so far. He's improving though, so much of that position is confidence and for a good chunk of this season it didn't look like he was playing with any. I'd take him here as a nickle or dime, but not as the starter. He reminds me of Jason Craft.

We went to the same highschool, he graduated the year after me. I know he's a humble person and shows great respect towards coaching and from what I seen in highschool and college is just an Awesome athlete. I do pull for him and believe he's now learned the game that is the NFL. If he does good against Dallas I think he'll be a big playmaker for years to come.

As a project for cheap? Maybe.

I don't see him being anything more then a 3rd CB, and we already have a log jam of 3rd CB's in David, Craft, and Young.

have not seen him play this year, but if he's improving and can shadow Joey Galloway that's pretty good.

I have not been a big Webster fan since he was drafted. He played well at LSU but was surrounded by alot of talent. His play at the NFL level has been suspect. However this year he realy has come into his own. His play has improved dramatically. The game against Tampa is evidence enough. He shadowed Galloway and impaired his big play ability.

let me preface this reply: webster is family to me, literally....

from watching the games he played, it appears that he lost a bit of confidence early in the season. he lost his position, watched from the side, played some in the nickel and dime, and last week looked like a very confident young player against a seasoned vet(someone nobody on our roster can seem to cover).

with that being said, i think he will continue to develop into a quality NFL CB, maybe just not in NY. some players take more time than others to fully develop into what they can be and i think he maybe was a little too confident in his abilities. i do know that he has been humbled this year and look to see a more focused player from now on. i don't see the NYG trying to get rid of him though, CBs are too valuable. in a year or too, he and ross are going to be a nice tandem!!!!

The only game he really did anything this year is the Tampa Bay game... he was hurt most of the year.

Last few years when he has been healthy, he has been below average at best.

Not worth going after unless you are looking for a borderline nickel or dime back.

Corey's success against Galloway is not carrying over into his coverage of T.O., to put it kindly. To be fair, though, TO > Galloway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom