CB Corey Webster (1 Viewer)

I think he's handling his own. That int shouldn't have been dropped, but other than that he's playing T.O. pretty well.

I would welcome him here in a heart beat as a 3rd or 4th cb. We need all the help we can get. I just don't see him as a starting corner. I would take him over Jason David though because of his size.

I agree. If he came in as the Dime back I'd be all for it.

I agree. If he came in as the Dime back I'd be all for it.

Webster is better than anyone we have except Mckenzie. I don't see the Saints making a big play for the potential FA CBs, not the best anyway, so resign urselves to the fact that the 2008 season will be hitched, once again, to the ability of the offense to be prolific. Expect the FO to offer to a mid-range guy at best, a jason craft clone.

Corey Webster has been a disappointment thus far in his brief career. He was a late first round grade coming out of LSU and was taken in the second by the G-men. With his prototypical size and good speed, Webster was drafted to start......and he was given every opportunity to do so. But poor play and injuries had him demoted to nickel corner. This is his first stretch of really solid play his whole career. Maybe CWeb is finally figuring out the NFL. He was pretty raw as a corner.....his only time spent at corner was at LSU. Webster was a QB at St James.

For what it's worth, folks from around town tell me Corey has been slowed for the most part by injuries. So says he was hurt all of last year but played through it.......which could be the reason he did not light it up.

Webster would be a good bargain for the Saints. Fairly low asking price with a high ceiling.

The more I think about this guy, the more I like the idea of giving him a try. He has great size and very good speed. If he is finally healthy and figuring out the NFL, maybe he's worth a look.

Before all of the anti-LSU Homers start calling you a Homer and suggesting that you get Cecil Collins and Rovelroe Swan as well.....Webster would be a quality back-up. For us he could potentially push for a starting position if not playing time. If the price was right he would be a good pick-up and is someone that could continue to develop and improve.

Flame away!

Hey I know rovelroe he's a cool guy............he's living in georgia now working for my old company. Anyways that's it.........................

Hey I know rovelroe he's a cool guy............he's living in georgia now working for my old company. Anyways that's it.........................

Rovelroe was a beast. He was going to be the next great LSU linebacker but unfortunately it was discovered that he had a degenerative spinal condition and his career was over before it ever began. Maybe it was karma though, I remember reading an article about how ferocious of a hitter he was that in high school he hit a guy head on and it broke the guys back. ---thats how I remember it all. Dont "quote" me on it though, it was a long time ago!

Hell, I say we bring him in for a look!

Last person Brett Farve will think about before he goes to sleep tonight is (St. James Wildcat) Corey Webster!! LOL

Also seen that Webster is signed for 2 more yrs w/ NY

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom