CB Jack Ikegwuonu injured (1 Viewer)

wow thats horrible but i say we sign him as an undrafted free agent and show the league what he can do. I called it first!!!! He will be a star!!!!!

might not be drafted because he may decide to go back to school?? or may not be drafted because a team is going to be worried about his injury......if he's very good I dont see why the injury would hurt his draft stock to much...see Antonio Cromartie...while it did effect were he was chosen, he was still a 1st round pick and a STEAL for the Chargers...

might not be drafted because he may decide to go back to school?? or may not be drafted because a team is going to be worried about his injury......if he's very good I dont see why the injury would hurt his draft stock to much...see Antonio Cromartie...while it did effect were he was chosen, he was still a 1st round pick and a STEAL for the Chargers...

He'll be in the draft unfortunately for him.

Draft him in the 7th to assure that WE get him.. the UDFA might be dangerous.

Draft him in the 7th to assure that WE get him.. the UDFA might be dangerous.

Meh. I understand the philosophy of using a 7th on a talented player who could be a contributor down the road, but we've gone that route with Ron Warner. I'm not saying we shouldn't, but medically we need to make sure (predict) he will be healthy.

The difference is, and correct me if I'm wrong, Cromartie was still recovering from a torn ACL that happened in fall camp of that year at FSU. This injury just occurred, and it's said to involve his kneecap. Cromartie was actually going to be cleared to play his rookie season, whereas this guy will almost certainly miss the season. He's talented, someone may take him very late and give him a "redshirt" year similar to Meachem. He can't go back to school though, that's not an option.

I'd be more than willing to burn a 7th rounder on him. Very high reward, very low risk.

we did it with a first, might as well do it with a seventh...

I think that if we could get him in the 7th it would be great, he won't play next year probally but he has some talent and could be great in the future. The only problem would be learning how to pronounce his last name.

Cromartie was healed up before he was drafted. The injury only affected him in terms of limiting his playing time before he got drafted.

You draft this guy late and throw him on the IR and not even worry about him until 2009. He'll be drafted.

we did it with a first, might as well do it with a seventh...

Very true, albeit with Meachem it was somewhat unexpected that he wouldn't play at all his first year. But still, "low risk, high reward." He's a good player, you just hope he'll be able to regain his form. If he doesn't, he ends up cut like Josh Lay or Kareem Kelly. No biggie.

Somebody will use a sixth on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom