CB or LB in the 1st then ..... (1 Viewer)

Boccal

Very Banned
Reaction score
Laws DT from ND in the 2nd .... who's with me?

He did look good tonight....it'll be interesting to see what round he's projected to go in now.

Last edited:
Law may of improved his draft stock, but I don't know if he is a high second round pick or a high first (which we will be picking) but he is another option at DT for us incase a player like Dorsey, Ellis or the NC DT isn't available, its good to know there are nore talented players out there, but its still about "fit".

If Sully had a pretty good college career which didnt equate to the pros then how can we be so sure what happens in one game will?

T.Laws had a good week followed by a great game! I hope he is there in the 3rd...

1st-CB, D.R.C (Tenn. State)
2nd-LB, J. Lofton (OU)
3rd-DL, T.Laws (ND)

This would be a great draft for us!!!!

Laws doesn't last until the third. This guy is a straight up football player and will be gone by second round. I would be very pleased if the Saints picked this guy up in the 2.

Every ND game I watched he stood out as a very good run stuffer and can even get to the QB. He was constantly double-teamed because he was the only stud in the ND front seven.

i wouldn't be surprised to see him go late first or early early second. He just that good. i would put him in the top five DTs in the draft He isn't a flash in the pan either like a Balmer who know one heard of. this guy has been a performer for a while now at DT and once again may not be a physical adonas but he can play a very good DT.

Laws will be gone in the 2nd round after a great career at Notre Dame and he showed how good he is at the Senior Bowl.

However, he is not what the Saints need the Saints need big bodies that can take up the double team a guy like Red Bryant.

Red Bryant or Laws in the second round would make me a very happy fan.

Laws is just as big as Bryant and just as strong if not stronger. Laws is well built and has a very powerful lowerbody whereas bryant is a bit more top heavy. Laws constantly gets doubled and does well stuffing the middle. Both players would be good 2nd round picks in my opinion with the GM in me giving the go ahead to Laws.

If no Ellis I would Like Sims too but it appears he is projected to go early second.

If no Ellis I would Like Sims too but it appears he is projected to go early second.

Yeah I think he's going to end up being a riser. He's my third highest DT at this point and fills a critical pass rushing need for us.

I think we should go linebacker. I think Rivers is the only one right now that might be worthy of #10, but I like Conner and Highsmith. We gotta wait for the combine to see where they will go. The best of those guys and one of the top free agent linebackers and a top shelf FA corner would get us back in the hunt. I don't mind our front four and I think the new coach will help. Ellis and Dorsey are great players but it looks like we won't have a chance so we should look elsewhere and not reach.

Red Bryant or Laws in the second round would make me a very happy fan.

Laws is just as big as Bryant and just as strong if not stronger. Laws is well built and has a very powerful lowerbody whereas bryant is a bit more top heavy. Laws constantly gets doubled and does well stuffing the middle. Both players would be good 2nd round picks in my opinion with the GM in me giving the go ahead to Laws.

Trevor Laws and Red Bryant are no where near the same size Laws is 6'1" 300lbs. and Red Bryant is 6'5" 330lbs.

Trevor Laws and Red Bryant are no where near the same size Laws is 6'1" 300lbs. and Red Bryant is 6'5" 330lbs.

and what does that have to do with the price of rice in china?

Laws has out performed Bryant in every facet and would get the nod if they were both on the board in the second and DT was a viable option for the Saints.

I would prefer a DT who has a lower center of gravity and is built like a brick s#$% house over someone like Bryant who has issues of playing high at times which is a very bad thing when you are a DT. If this position was like the QB where size and weight matters a little more then I think there would be more of an issue but being that it isn't there is no cookie cutter mold for a DT.

Looking at shear statistics Laws would be the pick over Bryant. I wouldn't be mad at either. I just prefer Laws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom