CB stratgy (1 Viewer)

willbill

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Is it better to play a poor tackling CB on the strong or weakside of a defense. The main weak point of DRC that I have seen mentioned is his poor run support. I have heard it said that teams will run at him and make him tackle until he proves he can tackle someone in the open field.
So my question is it best to play a poor tackling CB on the offenses strong or weak side or does it matter. I would think the weakside because teams like to run more often behind there TE. But I don't know if you can make a determination like that presnap because once he lines up you just need to motion the TE to whatever side the poor tackling CB is on and run it at him. If you play him strongside he will have extra help on that side anyway. Anyway I am probably overanalizing this but the thought popped into my head so I wanted to ask the question.

I have always believed in putting your best cover corner on the best WR. Unlike what we have done the past few years which gives the offense a huge advantage when one of the CBs is terrible.

Some college teams put the faster corner on the wide side of the field reguardless of offensive strength.

To be totally honest I have no problem with a CB that does not tackle that well on RB. We do not run Tampa 2 and ofr the most part I would rather a soft CB that can play the WR then ahard nose CB thst can't stop the pass....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom