CB Terrence Wheatley, good mid round prospect (1 Viewer)

pennstater

Very Banned
Reaction score
Played for Colorado. Had 5 interceptions. Was a Jim Thorpe finalist.

At the combine:
40 yard dash: 4.37
3 cone drill: 6.74 (tied for 1st with Cromartie)
Vertical: 36.5 inches

Here is some feedback from him from: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/terrence-wheatley?id=328

some quotes from that link:

"Shows good thickness in his thighs and calves and a toned upper-body torso with surprising power for a player his size"

"Builds to top speed in a hurry and shows explosive acceleration throughout his running stride...Has the closing burst to instantly make plays in front of him"

"Never takes false steps in transition and shows very good balance on the move...Fearless in run support, closing on the play and pursuing the ballcarriers with good form to push the running game back inside from the perimeter...Has a keen understanding of the playbook, but will still spend time dissecting plays to discover ways to improve his technique"

"Hard worker in the training room who also puts in extra hours studying game films...Type of athlete that performs best against top-level competition"

"Very aggressive when combating for jump balls and will not hesitate to sacrifice his body and extend for the ball in a crowd"

He is only 5'9 though but would love to take him with our 3rd rounder since we don't have a 4th.

Round 5 would be a steal.

This kid is a good prospect. I don't think he will be there in 5, but it would be a solid pick if he was.

If I'm not mistaken the Saints FO has been seen talking with him several times....I remember reading that somewhere.

If I'm not mistaken the Saints FO has been seen talking with him several times....I remember reading that somewhere.
I don't think you're mistaken. I remember a report that Wheatley is one of the guys they were talking to at the combine.

I've seen Wheatley play a lot. He can run with anyone, Kind of reminds me of Darrent Williams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom