(CBA) Does this seem fishy to anyone else? (1 Viewer)

Saintaholik

SaintsReport PHD (Formerly SaintsSwag)
Reaction score
I may be overthinking things, but I just dont like the principle of players getting a percentage off of the legal gambling going on in the stadiums.

Seems like something that shouldn't mix

Edit: You have to click on it and open it to read the rest of the paragraph I'm referring too

Last edited:
Won't click article to read rest of it. I don't mind players getting a cut of gambling money. People and Businesses in this regard are making money off thier likeness. Most importantly no one is questioning about the owners getting a cut.

Won't click article to read rest of it. I don't mind players getting a cut of gambling money. People and Businesses in this regard are making money off thier likeness. Most importantly no one is questioning about the owners getting a cut.

Right and your point is completely understandable

I have just never been a fan of players or officials being involved what so ever with sports gambling.

It just leaves the door wide open to question the integrity.

I know it has become accepted but I don't like it.

Pureness is important to me, if I wanted to watch sports entertainment, I would watch WWE.

I guess I have just seen to much incompetence and suspicious activity in the league over the last couple years it has me skeptical.

I have just never been a fan of players or officials being involved what so ever with sports gambling.

Pureness is important to me, if I wanted to watch sports entertainment, I would watch WWE.

I guess I have just seen to much incompetence and suspicious activity in the league over the last couple years it has me skeptical.
Have a good day And safe travels.

I don’t have a problem. It’s part of League revenue.
As to the integrity, I don’t see a problem. The League just gets a little for every bet placed, not when a particular team wins.

I don’t have a problem. It’s part of League revenue.
As to the integrity, I don’t see a problem. The League just gets a little for every bet placed, not when a particular team wins.

I think that this is the key to making it not fishy. This isn't the players being in a position to be on one side or another of a bet. That would be straight up crooked. This is the League skimming some money off the top of the profits of their gambling partners, and the players getting a cut of that.

The only way I can think that a player could affect that would be to make a play that puts a game in a more exciting position to increase in-game betting, which might then make next year's salary cap number infinitesimally higher than it would have been, and then if that player is a free agent next season, he might benefit from that.

Whatever theoretical benefit that hypothetical situation might be to a player is far outweighed by his incentive to just play well and get his FA money that way.

They're getting a share of the OVERALL revenue that comes from gambling, so there's really nothing there to incentivize individual players to skew the game one way or the other.

It makes sense. The NFL and owners get a cut of the money coming in from that revenue source, so should the players who make it possible.

All in for it to help keep season ticket prices down hopefully.

It’s an overall pot. Not a single bet is tied to it.

We'll the century mark has passed on the Black Sox scandal...

Next year, Pete Rose makes the Hall of Fame

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom