CBA talks may be accelerating (1 Viewer)

RadsRock

Refusing to backpedal
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Per NFL.com. Doesn't mean much, but it is a relief to hear that they are actually talking.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association met intensively Monday in New York, and collective bargaining negotiations might be starting to accelerate, a source with knowledge of the talks said Wednesday.
<SCRIPT>(function() { /* define adPath */ nfl.createVideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d81c62cfa", related: "team", adSetting: "1", size: "small", dartURL: "http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.news/story;s1=story;slot=inpage;url=story;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;plyr=domonique_foxworth;tile=10;test=;sz=640x360;ord=" + (window.adRandom || nfl.constants.AD_RANDOM) + "?", uniqid: "09000d5d81c627ae" });}());</SCRIPT>

The source said the focus of the discussions was the 18-game regular season and two-game preseason proposed by the league and the union's counter-proposal for what it wants as part of an 18-2 season. Discussions centered on the players' strong desire to have substantially less offseason football activity and less overall contact in practices throughout the year. The players want a limitation on OTAs and reduced contact in other non-game settings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...on-proposed-18game-season?module=HP_headlines

Too much at stake for both sides not to get it done. Owners lose gobs of money. Players have short time in which to play and make what they can--can't afford to risk losing a whole season. Lots of them at the end of their careers, others needing their one big contract, young players needing to get on the field and prove themselves.

Too much at stake for both sides not to get it done. Owners lose gobs of money. Players have short time in which to play and make what they can--can't afford to risk losing a whole season. Lots of them at the end of their careers, others needing their one big contract, young players needing to get on the field and prove themselves.

I don't know how much money the owners will lose since they get TV revenues no matter what plus they will save money on payroll. Nonetheless, I agree with you.

The NFL is the strongest sports brand out there now, and they stand to lose some fan enthusiasm. I recall interest in pro baseball took a big hit after their strike.

I don't know how much money the owners will lose since they get TV revenues no matter what plus they will save money on payroll. Nonetheless, I agree with you.

The NFL is the strongest sports brand out there now, and they stand to lose some fan enthusiasm. I recall interest in pro baseball took a big hit after their strike.

They will have to pay the networks back in the follwing years. It is is the contracts with all but DTV.

http://nfllabor.com/2010/06/19/qa-on-special-master-case-regarding-television-contracts/

I don't know how much money the owners will lose since they get TV revenues no matter what plus they will save money on payroll.

unfortunately this^
this is not 2 sides across a table
this is the owners driving the car and the players trying to shout directions from the trunk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom