CBD - Anybody subscribe to it? (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting article on it.
"Consumers are participating in one of the largest uncontrolled clinical trials in history, and no one really knows what it is they're taking," says Pal Pacher, an investigator at the National Institutes of Health and president of the International Cannabinoid Research Society. "It's scary."

Trouble is, almost all of the claims are currently unsubstantiated. Clinical trials have failed to produce convincing evidence that CBD works on anything other than rare epilepsies, the sole treatment licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The agency, in fact, forbids companies from attributing any other health benefits to the substance. (It reprimanded Curaleaf, a startup, for making unsubstantiated claims about cancer and other diseases.)

"As far as we know, this may all be mostly a placebo effect," says Pacher. "Everybody is being sucked into the big hype."

I've tried a few different brands. The charlotte's web CBD is the only one that left me wondering who I was and why I was on this earth, but in a good way. Mind you, I took many times the recommended dosage when that happened. I got drunk and decided to chug at the 4 oz bottle. Woke up the next day wondering why I felt so odd. Took me several hours until I remembered the shot of cweb. YMMV

I've used CBD for recovery/sleep purposes and have had ok with results with it. I prefer phenibut though. It is a legal nootropic supplement that works well for anxiety, sleep disorders, etc. The only downside is that it works on the same receptors as alcohol and benzodiazepines- therefore there is a potential for phenibut to be habit forming, as well as, carry withdrawal symptoms if used in high dosages. It's best used in cycles and in moderation.

Kyle Turley is a fan. His company is

Interesting article on it.
"Consumers are participating in one of the largest uncontrolled clinical trials in history, and no one really knows what it is they're taking," says Pal Pacher, an investigator at the National Institutes of Health and president of the International Cannabinoid Research Society. "It's scary."

Trouble is, almost all of the claims are currently unsubstantiated. Clinical trials have failed to produce convincing evidence that CBD works on anything other than rare epilepsies, the sole treatment licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The agency, in fact, forbids companies from attributing any other health benefits to the substance. (It reprimanded Curaleaf, a startup, for making unsubstantiated claims about cancer and other diseases.)

"As far as we know, this may all be mostly a placebo effect," says Pacher. "Everybody is being sucked into the big hype."

Big Pharma has lost 22% of its consumers to it.

No wonder we are starting to see "official" reports starting the debunking phase.

No addictive qualities, no side effects and no drain on health insurers. Cant have that.

I've tried a few different brands. The charlotte's web CBD is the only one that left me wondering who I was and why I was on this earth, but in a good way. Mind you, I took many times the recommended dosage when that happened. I got drunk and decided to chug at the 4 oz bottle. Woke up the next day wondering why I felt so odd. Took me several hours until I remembered the shot of cweb. YMMV

Wow. That's no joke. I keep Charlotte's Web around the house but only take half to 3/4 the recommended dose and only at night to calm me down a bit. That's plenty and a bottle lasts me several months. I took it once during the day and that won't happen again.

No, but completely unrelated, I'm a big fan of Modafinil.

I don't think pop culture says CBD cures everything. Many people like to praise it because it seems to help a lot of people with a variety of things, is relatively inexpensive, doesn't require an appointment, and is very safe, so there's that. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't exactly have a lot of credibility when it comes to this kind of thing.

Wow. That's no joke. I keep Charlotte's Web around the house but only take half to 3/4 the recommended dose and only at night to calm me down a bit. That's plenty and a bottle lasts me several months. I took it once during the day and that won't happen again.
Yeah, that stuff definitely would be the only I'd buy and trust at this point. It's pricey tho. I lost pretty much an entire weekend to it. Once I figured it out, it was glorious.

Yeah, that stuff definitely would be the only I'd buy and trust at this point. It's pricey tho. I lost pretty much an entire weekend to it. Once I figured it out, it was glorious.

I learned about it from a friend with a low functioning mentally challenged daughter who suffers with seizures. They really lean on this stuff to improve her quality of life. After trying many themselves they settled on CW to give to their child.

Big Pharma has lost 22% of its consumers to it.

No wonder we are starting to see "official" reports starting the debunking phase.

No addictive qualities, no side effects and no drain on health insurers. Cant have that.

No side effects is a questionable claim. Less side effects than opioids and many other prescriptions, clearly.

Federally, CBD is viewed as a supplement so there is limited FDA oversight. Limited testing and lower labeling requirements have lead to some questionable claims.

.....Just out a 3-day FDA conference with multiple sessions on CBD and Marijuana in foods.

Haven't really used any cannabinoid products that didn't have THC in them, so I'm not really sure how effective CBD products are. I have no doubt that they are effective treatments for some aliments and conditions. But just based on the number of CBD places that have popped up in the last few years everywhere that I look, I have to think that some of the claims are being oversold.

It's big business now, so any claim to sell a buck. I tend to be suspicious when any new thing that comes along that claims to be the miracle drug for all pain and suffering.

Last edited:
Haven't really used any cannabinoid products that didn't have THC in them, so I'm not really sure how effective CBD products are. I have no doubt that they are effective treatments for some aliments and conditions. But just based on the number of CBD places that have popped up in the last few years everywhere that I look, I have to think that some of the claims are being oversold.

It's big business now, so any claim to sell a buck. I tend to be suspicious when any new thing that comes along is the miracle drug for all pain and suffering.
They definitely are being oversold. As mentioned prior, you need to be very discriminating in your choice. Without the THC, you don't get that initial rush associated with the full product. You can get the nice long mellow period which comes after though. It can feel a little disorienting still however.

The problem I've found is you need a product which is well prepared and brings all the different CBD components such as terpenes etc. So if you skimp on the purchase, you will likely not get near the result desired.

I learned about it from a friend with a low functioning mentally challenged daughter who suffers with seizures. They really lean on this stuff to improve her quality of life. After trying many themselves they settled on CW to give to their child.
I hope it's improving their lives.

I've seen Nola's first green cross for a store on Earhart that sells a bunch of CBD products. Have to wonder if it's a scam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom