CBD - Anybody subscribe to it? (1 Viewer)

I tried to get on that train but I’ve read that it is contraindicated with Glaucoma patients. So I am unable to see if it’s all it’s hyped up to be.

I dunno if it’s all in my head or not, but I feel a noticeable difference in my hand arthritis when I take it as opposed to when I don’t. With that said there’s a lot of low level garbage out there. But the good stuff does help my arthritis pain. It was funny I started to play around with it years ago. Older friend of mine at work was getting in shape due to cholesterol/blood pressure issues, and he out of the blue started talking about it and how it helped combat his joint pain and how I needed to give it a try. I’m
like dude, already there. Now for anxiety, all the other stuff I don’t really know, and I do think it is verging on snake oil for a lot of things. But, for the inflammation of arthritis I’m a believer.

Last edited:
I tried to get on that train but I’ve read that it is contraindicated with Glaucoma patients. So I am unable to see if it’s all it’s hyped up to be.
That's odd because I've always heard pot was good for Glaucoma as it helps lower pressure in the eyes.

Correct. THC lowers, new study says CBD raises it.

Do you have a link to that? Most studies I’ve seen have shown CBD to slightly lower BP.

I tried CBD for my son’s autism. We used Charlotte’s Web and it DID help him be a bit calmer. We kept him on it for about a month and then took him off to see what would happen. There was no increase in his behaviors after that so we didn’t continue with it. I’m of the opinion that CBD helped him calm down a bit which helped his behavioral therapy take hold. He’s been having some challenge in 1st grade so we’re thinking about putting him back on it for a while..

I’ve taken it myself, by adding it to my coffee, and found it to have a calming effect through the day. I don’t take it very consistently so it could be a placebo effect. The jury is still out for me. I would like to try THC sometime but my wife doesn’t like the idea so I’ll have to do a bit more convincing.

Do you have a link to that? Most studies I’ve seen have shown CBD to slightly lower BP.

I tried CBD for my son’s autism. We used Charlotte’s Web and it DID help him be a bit calmer. We kept him on it for about a month and then took him off to see what would happen. There was no increase in his behaviors after that so we didn’t continue with it. I’m of the opinion that CBD helped him calm down a bit which helped his behavioral therapy take hold. He’s been having some challenge in 1st grade so we’re thinking about putting him back on it for a while..

I’ve taken it myself, by adding it to my coffee, and found it to have a calming effect through the day. I don’t take it very consistently so it could be a placebo effect. The jury is still out for me. I would like to try THC sometime but my wife doesn’t like the idea so I’ll have to do a bit more convincing.

Yes sir, here is an article referencing the adverse effects of CBD with Glaucoma patients.

Glad it seemed to help your son and I have also heard about the possible placebo effect.

It’s actually not that uncommon Rickboy for children to get better, behaviorally get better, then as a new norm Is established to go back on and let the behavior therapy work towards that next problem. If I was to give my opinion as a 25year educator who has been there done that, what you’re doing sounds perfect. Don’t be afraid to cycle back on to bring down the level of stress (for lack of a better term) and let the behavior therapy work again To solve new problems. It’s what you may have to do on and off until they can consciously start to make those choices in late teenage years.

Yes sir, here is an article referencing the adverse effects of CBD with Glaucoma patients.

Glad it seemed to help your son and I have also heard about the possible placebo effect.

SMH! I posted that after only one cup of coffee. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I thought you wrote that about BLOOD Pressure.. hahahahahaha...

I've seen Nola's first green cross for a store on Earhart that sells a bunch of CBD products. Have to wonder if it's a scam.

Louisiana authorities have encountered products marketed as delivering the cannabis extract CBD but that instead were spiked with synthetic marijuana.

My wife uses CBD oil (the tincture) to help control her IBS and other digestive issues. It seems effective.

She has her MM (Medical Marijuana) card in Florida, so she only gets CBD from the medical dispensary. She doesn't trust the off the shelf brands, especially with that's going on in the news with some products being spiked. Also, saw some research that many non regulated CBD oils were all over the place with THC levels, or CBD levels, etc.

She also vapes CDB, and I'm not sure that does as much for her. It may calm her a tiny bit.

Now the MM.. especially the hybrid she takes for night time, has been amazing. Her neck would lock up about once every 1-2 months, and she'd need muscle relaxers, etc to recover. Since she's been on MM, her neck hasn't been an issue at all. It's been about 8 months or so? She has since tried some Sativa based blends to be more focused and relaxed during the day. Mostly for the weekends or after work.

Trouble is, almost all of the claims are currently unsubstantiated. Clinical trials have failed to produce convincing evidence that CBD works on anything other than rare epilepsies, the sole treatment licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The agency, in fact, forbids companies from attributing any other health benefits to the substance. (It reprimanded Curaleaf, a startup, for making unsubstantiated claims about cancer and other diseases.)

"As far as we know, this may all be mostly a placebo effect," says Pacher. "Everybody is being sucked into the big hype."

Due to the bone and joint pain caused by the immunotherapy treatment I went through, I have been on a crusade to find something, anything, that will work to ease the pain without side-effects that would leave me incapable of working or participating in life.

Given that, I have tried using (a reputed high-quality) CBD oil in a couple of ways and went in with an open mind. Those CBD oils with a reported high-quality are expensive, as much as $95 to $125 for a week's supply of the oil, approximately 3 ounces. I approached using it deliberately and in a measured fashion to see if relief could be had. Alas, no pain reduction from either topical or oral applications of CBD was gained, even at the highest recommended dosage levels.

I have spoken to others who have said CBD oil miraculously cured their ills and returned them to nearly normal, if not normal, life. I have no way of proving or disproving their results and I wish someone would actually perform an actual clinical study to determine the effects of CBD oil and the necessary biology to have positive results.

PSA - If you are subject to workplace drug testing, be careful about taking "THC-free" CDB - it's not always the case and you can end up with a failed test.

PSA - If you are subject to workplace drug testing, be careful about taking "THC-free" CDB - it's not always the case and you can end up with a failed test.
Yes. Again, medical grade being usually the best and most controlled...

500mg bottle has 15mg of thc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom