CBD: Experiences, recommendations, etc (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Do any of you fine people (or guido) use CBD?
If so, what ahve you used it for and what form do you take?
Also what vendors have/do you use?

I think some of this was discussed on the MJ thread, but thought it could use its own thread.

I used to use some of the 'shot' capsules that were supposed to help with anxiety a few years back. CBD was always 'meh' for me. Never really noticed that much of a difference, but it's huge here anyway. I know some people use them for other reasons, pain, sleeping etc. Maybe I need stronger stuff..ha..

I have a medical cannabis shop right up the street from me, of course you have to have a medical card to get in, but these days more or less anyone can get one. Would probably take some edibles. There's a shop in Wendover, NV about 80 mi away that has a really nice selection as it's legal there.

I tried CBD oil daily for the first time a couple months ago.. i went with a brand I’m familiar with (Irwin Naturals) b/c i’ve used their Immunity supplements and sleep Supplements for years, and theyve worked well for me.. i was hoping that the CBD would help with the inflammation and inner ear issues I mentioned in another thread as a result of a bad vaccine reaction i had years ago.. unfortunately , after taking it religiously for over a month, i noticed no difference.

I use Lazarus Naturals. They have the best prices I've found for an effective product. That said, CBD is very much dose dependent in my experience.

Typically I take it prior to eating by 30 mins. I used the tinctures and started with 1ml (50mg) and found nothing. However due to a drunken episode with Charlotte's Web I know that a higher dose can be quite effective. Actually too effective, so I slowly increased.

For me, this means 2 ml or 100mg for an effective dose. It reduces my anxiety and allows me to relax enough to enjoy life much better. Add in a couple fingers of bourbon and erry ting alright mahn.

If it's been a particularly bad day I'll bump up to 3 ml (150 mg), but past that things can go over relaxing to mild paranoia so I'm very careful. I usually wait to take the third dose an hour or two past the first 2.

As I always say, ymmv. Also FWIW, I've found pills of the dried form readily available around here useless. I've taken as much as 300mg with zero effect making me very wary about the brand I choose. CWeb and Lazarus have never let me down.

Lazarus is my recommendation unless you just want to spend 4 or 5 times as much for the product.

My wife is about 5 years in with CBD to help with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and several celiac issues (which prevent or at least make absorption via digestion difficult and limit prescribed medication options) and it has been a literal lifesaver.
We tried about a dozen brands and settled on Endoca raw hemp oil (3000mg) and Charlottes Web(50 mg per ml). And the Endoca topical (1500mg).
This gives her options as she feels they work for different things in different ways. Around 125mg of Endoca in the a.m. and Charlottes Web closer to bedtime. The Endoca is probably the only topical we liked fwiw. Most don't have enough CBD in them.

My son takes 60mg of Charlottes Web CBD oil twice a day. It’s not always effective but I do find that it does help moderate his behaviors related to autism. I take it every once in a while and I’ve found that it helps with inflammation in my knees. I also seem to have a bit of a calmer mood. It’s got me seriously thinking of trying some kind of low potency weed at some point.

Right now, Charlottes Web is the only product I’ll consider, based on their reputation. I would really like to see a study that confirms the amount of CBD that is actually in these products.

I've tried several brands and found Charlotte's Web to be my favorite so far. However, I've yet to get to a dose level that I feel really does much for me. It just gets too expensive to continue going back for something that didn't do much. But I also don't want to go too high at the same time. Its a dilemma.

I ordered some gummies from Infinite CBD for stress and anxiety.
All I know about that company is from their ad on a podcast I listen to so not much, but even if they don't do anything i am helping support a show I like.

i've found that a few drops under the tongue (50mg) works well. vaping is pretty good too, but costs more for constant use.

gummies, etc, do nothing for me.

I tried CBD vape oil about a year ago, and for the first few days it was nice which I assume was just the placebo effect because it didn't last. I also tried it in capsule form and it had no effect at all.

Legal marijuana would be much better but that probably won't happen in my lifetime in Louisiana.

Is there a danger of showing up positive on a drug test? My wife suffers from anxiety and insomnia. If it could help her, I would get it it. Just not at the cost of losing her job.

Is there a danger of showing up positive on a drug test? My wife suffers from anxiety and insomnia. If it could help her, I would get it it. Just not at the cost of losing her job.
Yes, unless you get CBD which specifically says no THC. Lazarus carries such but it's more expensive. Regular can have THC up to a small federally allowable amount. Over time, that can build and cause a positive test.

ETA:

They don't even recommend using the THC free products if it could cause an issue.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine failed her drug test at work. She had bought her CBD from, of all places, her local fire department. (I don't get it) less than a month later, Indiana temporarily banned CBD so that labeling could be better standardized and scrutinized. It's a shame because CBD would be a great alternative.

Edit: She was practically chugging the stuff so maybe someone who reads the label will have a better experience.

Not CBD-related, but I've always found this Conan O'Brien clip hysterical (the fuica stuff comes in at the end for laughs when they hit up a dispensary)... (language)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom