CBS Experts Picking the Falcons (1 Viewer)

The Saints have dug themselves a nice little hole.....now this game is a "must win" game. It's incredibly hard to beat the same team twice especially a team just as desperate as the Saints. This game wouldn't have been nearly as critical if the Saints had won more than one of the last four. Now every week's game is crucial.......

I hate to say and man I hope I'm wrong. But I have a bad feeling about this game. Yes, we're both desperate, but ATL is more so than we are. Vick has been bad and is due! The main factor, we're not playing good ball right now and it's hard to beat a team twice in one year.

I say we lose this one in nail biter.

However, I think we do go on a win streak following this game by beating

49ers
Cowboys (we always play them well)
Skins
Giants
Panthers (Will be tought, but at home we'll play them well)

Catch, that would be 11-5 and I would take that all day, everyday.

Don't listen to "experts". And don't have any expectations. These games are typically tough-fought, close games... regardless of each team's record.

Well, thats good. We won all the games where we werent favorites. I like being the underdog. Makes it more the sweeter when we win.

I hate to say and man I hope I'm wrong. But I have a bad feeling about this game. Yes, we're both desperate, but ATL is more so than we are. Vick has been bad and is due! The main factor, we're not playing good ball right now and it's hard to beat a team twice in one year.

I say we lose this one in nail biter.

However, I think we do go on a win streak following this game by beating

49ers
Cowboys (we always play them well)
Skins
Giants
Panthers (Will be tought, but at home we'll play them well)[/QUOTE

JMO..but if we lose this one in a nail biter there is no way we win out on teams on the rise [except Skins}...JMO

I usually look for comfort in the "expert" picks. But they are meaningless.

Keep in mind like 4 out of 5 experts had us beating Cinci last week. One (I think on USA Today) had us beating Bengals as his "lock" of the week, and he was 8-1 with his locks at that point.

The crucial issue is to start fast. We need to quite the fans and put some doubt in Vicks mind ("Am I really any good???"). We will not come from behind and win. Our players need to understand HOW IMPORTANT this game is. This is no ordinary game. Its the hated Falcons!!!

Dane you are absolutely right. Quite the Georgia Dome and make Vick press. If we can do that I look for that fragile team to break and it may be a rout for our Saints.

Well, thats good. We won all the games where we werent favorites. I like being the underdog. Makes it more the sweeter when we win.

I agree. The Saints tend to play better this season when they are picked to be underdogs. You can rest assure that the Falcons are going to want a little payback from the butt kicking the Saints gave them on 9/25. I'm looking forward to talking to some of the Falcons fans before the game about Jim Mora Sr's comments about Ron Mexico being a "Coach Killer". I think he makes a good point about Vick. But It's still too early to tell.

Well, it's a cinch that if Fred Thomas plays he definately will not make any interceptions with a cast on his hand. If Craft starts oh well. Atlanta is getting healthy again on defense and is coming off of 3 straight losses and they always play with more attitude than we do and that seems to always win out. Once again, this game is the classic TRAP game for the Saints and we haven't won one of these games yet this year. With that in mind, do we really want the Saints to make the playoffs? I mean, if we do make the playoffs, we will have to play better and stronger teams and we haven't beaten any good strong teams all year and if we do get to the playoffs and lose in the first game all we have accomplished is to lower our draft position and our chances of getting a top player or players. I just don't feel good about our chances this week again just like last week and once again I hope I'm wrong.

The difference in this game will be Michael Vick. The last time he was criticized like this he went on a two game tear. I look for him to play big against our pourous defense.

In addition, having Hartwell and Abraham back for them will help.

I think we play well but get outscored...

ATL - 37
US - 30

Well, it's a cinch that if Fred Thomas plays he definately will not make any interceptions with a cast on his hand. If Craft starts oh well. Atlanta is getting healthy again on defense and is coming off of 3 straight losses and they always play with more attitude than we do and that seems to always win out. Once again, this game is the classic TRAP game for the Saints and we haven't won one of these games yet this year. With that in mind, do we really want the Saints to make the playoffs? I mean, if we do make the playoffs, we will have to play better and stronger teams and we haven't beaten any good strong teams all year and if we do get to the playoffs and lose in the first game all we have accomplished is to lower our draft position and our chances of getting a top player or players. I just don't feel good about our chances this week again just like last week and once again I hope I'm wrong.

Fred doesn't have a cast on his hand. This isn't a Trap game. You have to be winning to fall into a Trap game. If we lose it'll be because we lost, not because we overlooked a team and got trapped.

Your question of whether we really want the Saints to make the playoffs is probably one of the dumber things i've read. I can't not believe that you would actually want us to lose to gain daft position.

Every week you say you don't feel good about "this game". Yet we are 6-4. Just because you were finally right again last week means nothing. I could say "man we are gonna lose" everyweek and eventually be right.

Be a fan. Stay positive at least until we are mathmatically outa the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom