CBS Rob Rang 1st Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Best one I've seen so far. I could see it playing out like this.

NFL Mock Draft: Jets bet on Deshaun Watson, Leonard Fournette to Panthers - CBSSports.com

11. New Orleans Saints
Reuben Foster , LB, Alabama: Given that the Saints finished dead last in the NFL against the pass in 2016, adding one of the talented cornerbacks from this year's class would seem like a shoo-in selection. Possessing remarkable closing speed and the physicality to intimidate, Foster could offer immediate impact ability against the pass and run, alike.

Pats get Demarcus Walker????

They pick last and could end up with a top 5 player.

In that scenario I would much rather have Jabrill Peppers.

Peppers is overrated while a good player what does he bring that KV doesn't. His coverage or run support skills arent better so the only plus is a returner which isnt enough of a swing to pick him in the first. If we take a DB it should be Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker both are much better players than Peppers in coverage and run support. BPA on defense other than DT is fine with me. If we get a S that enhances the 3 safety look---helps D. If we get a DE besides Cam that makes our starting Dline have no holes---helps D. If we get a CB maybe one can stay healthy and be competent--helps D. IMO would prefer a FA CB b/c rookie CBs take a while to develop even the best ones. I dont see a top 10 CB that falls to 11 that is BPA either. Maybe one of the S like Hooker or Adams. But you dont pass up a top 10 S or LB to take the 4th or 5th best DE in a loaded class. Could easily get Adams, Hooker, or Foster and trade back in for an edge guy like Takk Mckinnely or D.Walker, Solomon Thomas or even Taco Charlton. I havent seen enough of Foster to make a judgement but if he is a top 10 LB that falls to 11 you do not pass on him for 4th or 5th best DE.

Give the Saints Derek Barnett or Demarcus Walker and get an ILB in the 2nd

Peppers is overrated while a good player what does he bring that KV doesn't. His coverage or run support skills arent better so the only plus is a returner which isnt enough of a swing to pick him in the first. If we take a DB it should be Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker both are much better players than Peppers in coverage and run support. BPA on defense other than DT is fine with me. If we get a S that enhances the 3 safety look---helps D. If we get a DE besides Cam that makes our starting Dline have no holes---helps D. If we get a CB maybe one can stay healthy and be competent--helps D. IMO would prefer a FA CB b/c rookie CBs take a while to develop even the best ones. I dont see a top 10 CB that falls to 11 that is BPA either. Maybe one of the S like Hooker or Adams. But you dont pass up a top 10 S or LB to take the 4th or 5th best DE in a loaded class. Could easily get Adams, Hooker, or Foster and trade back in for an edge guy like Takk Mckinnely or D.Walker, Solomon Thomas or even Taco Charlton. I havent seen enough of Foster to make a judgement but if he is a top 10 LB that falls to 11 you do not pass on him for 4th or 5th best DE.

Glad you said it so now I don't have to lol. I'm not that high on Adams for our team though. Only safety I would want at 11 is Hooker. I think Foster or Hooker will be the pick. Most likely Foster.

I'd be ecstatic with a Rueben Foster pick. He'd immediately be one of if not our best linebacker and an asset in the run defense. I wouldn't mind Tim Williams here either but prefer Foster.

I watch FSU quite a bit. Walker is overrated. His motor runs hot and cold...especially against the run. He's a 2nd rounder...ideally to a team that makes the most out of defensive prospects. I'd take him in the 2nd based on potential...but not over another pass rusher like Nova's Kpassagnon...who has higher upside and a much better motor.

I watch FSU quite a bit. Walker is overrated. His motor runs hot and cold...especially against the run. He's a 2nd rounder...ideally to a team that makes the most out of defensive prospects. I'd take him in the 2nd based on potential...but not over another pass rusher like Nova's Kpassagnon...who has higher upside and a much better motor.

I'm with you.

1. Reuben Foster or Malik Hooker
2. Tanoh Kpassagnon or Taco Charlton
3. Dion Dawkins or Taylor Moton

I'm already resolved with the fact that if Carolina views RB as an area they can improve, then they will definitely end up with either Fournette or Cook.

Either guy would be a huge thorn in our sides for the foreseeable future

As I've always been told, teams build their team to win their Division. Right now that means having the speed and athleticism to slow down the Atlanta offense. The speed and strength to track down Cam Newton when he breaks contain. And the same goes for stopping Winston.

Right now our defense lacks the players to get these jobs done. We need an influx of speed athleticism and explosiveness on all levels but especially the LB unit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom