CBS says thanks to New Orleans for a super visit: Letter (1 Viewer)

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CBS says thanks to New Orleans for a super visit: Letter | NOLA.com

"We thank all the citizens of New Orleans for your Southern hospitality which made New Orleans the perfect venue to host the Super Bowl. We at CBS cannot be any more appreciative for your kindness and assistance in our production of Super Bowl XLVII.

Sean McManus

Chairman

Ken Aagaard

Executive vice president

Operations, Engineering and Production Services

CBS Sports"

There is either a southern intern at CBSSports who understands the southern need for a thank you note or my beloved New Orleans delivered. Take your pick.

I'm from Lafayette and this brought a tear to my eye.

Way to go NOLA. You make me proud to be from Louisiana.

Very gracious and honestly I don't recall anything like it before.

I can't believe input from the networks is not a critical consideration when it comes to selection of a host city for a major sporting event. If I'm correct, we can count on CBS's support for years to come.

Very cool! A small gesture on their part, but it should hold a lot of value. I'm proud if NOLA!

I guess we're lucky they didn't do a whole lot of parade coverage.

Attachments

• roger goodell getting eaten by a vag.jpg
    roger goodell getting eaten by a vag.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 59
What did Stephen A. say?
IMMEDIATELY after the lights went out in the dome, he twitted that New Orleans should never be allowed to host another Super Bowl again. We now know where the definition of " twitt" came from.

IMMEDIATELY after the lights went out in the dome, he twitted that New Orleans should never be allowed to host another Super Bowl again. We now know where the definition of " twitt" came from.

Jesus. I admit, the lights going out was bad, but the Super Bowl isn't just about the game. It's an entire week of events. In that respect, NOLA is the perfect city to host the game. Everything is within a short drive/walk, there is a bunch of entertainment, and great spaces to set up media facilities. The Dome may not be the most modern facility (though it beats out much of the rest of the league since the renovations), but it's still good enough.

Last week I heard multiple media members from different outlets say that New Orleans did a fantastic job, and should host the Super Bowl every 3-4 years - despite the black out. Now that's the truth.

All was going well til Roger pulled the plug! Dude hates us, and wants to show that a bad day could happen anywhere, like in NY next year with 2 -3 ft of snow.....

The Dome is open, Roger, give us 24 hrs and we can handle another SB, esp since we'll be in it!!!

Emily Post would be so proud of them.

Honestly, I don't think there's anyone that takes anything Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless has to say seriously at this point. I've unfortunately seen the new version of First Take and the way it's structured now as ONLY a debate show has taken any shred of integrity he had left. He, especially, talks and talks and talks and never says anything. They decide in the production meeting which "argument" he's going to take and he has to keep repeating just to fill up his air time trying to muster up enough to make a point he doesn't really believe in.

Im to the point that it only makes sense for the Superbowl to be in NOLA every 2-4 years on a regular basis. :worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom