CBS Sports 4-way Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Most mocks have the Saints taking Mingo. I was glad to see these that all show a possibility of us getting a higher rated prospect than Mingo.

He's got a slow burst off the line, and he doesn't close once he breaks through. He'd be great chasing running backs down from behind, but I don't want a linebacker who has to chase running backs down from behind.

We must of watched completely different LSU games. Dude caught LaMichael James from behind, he stepped on the guys heel in the backfield. Mingo is the real deal, he had two issues coming out.

1. He needed to put more weight on, he did, he killed it at the combine.
2. He was a bit too aggressive in college which did lead him to over pursue, he showed up in that bowl game against Clemson and dominated until he got injured.

First offensive play Clemson had, Mingo crushes the RB and causes a fumble.

We must of watched completely different LSU games. Dude caught LaMichael James from behind, he stepped on the guys heel in the backfield. Mingo is the real deal, he had two issues coming out.

1. He needed to put more weight on, he did, he killed it at the combine.
2. He was a bit too aggressive in college which did lead him to over pursue, he showed up in that bowl game against Clemson and dominated until he got injured.

First offensive play Clemson had, Mingo crushes the RB and causes a fumble.

More of the Clemson game-type play would have been nice, but he was invisible at times. Did you watch the A&M game? He's going to see a lot more of the Jake Matthews level talent from the tackle position in the NFL.

I'm not saying I would hate the pick, he does have a ton of potential as you illustrated, but a Jarvis Jones or Lane Johnson at 15 would be a hell of a lot better in terms of risk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom