CBS Sports Article on Our Cap Issues (1 Viewer)

When you actually look at the numbers, kind of makes you nauseous. However, we know Loomis money is different than regular money. It'll be an interesting offseason, for sure.

I like his plan for Brees if he decides to retire. Have him agree to reduce his salary for 2021 to vet minimum and in June have him moved to the reserve/retired list so that they don't have to take the full acceleration of the signing bonus to start the off season.

The only thing I disagree with is the Cam Jordan situation. He really fell off this season and keeping his contract on the books even longer is a real liability.
I knew when we signed him to that extension it would be trouble. He’s one of my favorite Saints ever but he’s worn down. As he should be having been such an iron man for so many years.

I knew when we signed him to that extension it would be trouble. He’s one of my favorite Saints ever but he’s worn down. As he should be having been such an iron man for so many years.
Imagine if he would've had the penalties against him called fairly. Dude would be tops in the record books, he was held minimum 5 times a game, and I'm talking about the obvious ones we can see on TV, that were never called. Pitiful to let that happen when the sport is supposed to be officiated fairly.

Imagine if he would've had the penalties against him called fairly. Dude would be tops in the record books, he was held minimum 5 times a game, and I'm talking about the obvious ones we can see on TV, that were never called. Pitiful to let that happen when the sport is supposed to be officiated fairly.
Totally agree he’s constantly being held.

So basically the article says we have to sign 10 players to get mins to be starters and we have to stick with Taysom Hill as QB since we can’t sign anyone else over $1M.

Trey Hendrickson owes him some of his signing bonus next season

Will Smith 2.0

I just don't see the point in all these articles on how Loomis can get the team under the cap until they know what the cap will be. The NFL and NFLPA will go into negotiations once they get they final figures from the jointly hired accounting firm that calculates the cap based on the revenue from all the network contracts, league revenue, and team (local) revenue. Once they get that number they will likely agree to "borrow" from future caps It is likely a simple matter of how much from how many years they need to borrow in order to get the 2021 cap up to equal to the 2020 cap figure. When that happens Loomis will have at least another $22M he can use to keep a few players and still have enough to draft and or sign a FA or 2.

It's kind of funny because it reminds me of my 16 year old when he was younger. When we made him clean his room, he would move the mess from one side to the other.

I know all the potential roster moves gives some relief but eventually you have to pay. My hope is that the Saints can get immediate relief and yet continue to stay competitive for the long haul.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom