CBS Sports Article (1 Viewer)

I think Gale should make a public statement asking them to envoke the rule, make the NFL address this thing head on, will it change anything, probably not, but sometimes you just got to make em squirm.
I kind of wish the Saints' FO would publicly request that the league invoke the rule. Make them say NO in front of the whole world.

smh.... just a travesty..

& even worse.. the ref, right there, looking dead at it..

The-Saints-coach-says-NFL-admitted-that-the-ref.-amp-39-The-call-blew-amp-39-by-not-punishing-the-rams-for-disturbing-the-pass.jpg

. I know it won't happen, but i'd call for a rematch.. or in the least put the scores, field position, timeouts, and time left on the clock, and let'm finish it from there.. this is just embarrasing.

NW.

There has to be a PUBLIC outcry from the Saints organization in order for this to not just get swept away. Michael Thomas is already trying to work his magic, I hope the team is following his lead!

The Rams player cheated. He broke the rules. He admitted it.

He was not penalized for his cheating even though two referees were standing directly in front of him looking directly at him.

Had he not cheated, Tommylee Lewis probably scores a TD. Or we get a first down at least.

Had he been penalized for cheating, we’d have a first down.

If we get a first down, we win.

So it did cost us the game.

There is a 99.8% chance the Saints would’ve won the game in regulation had it been called (.2% is a fumble, dropped snap, Lutz miss). The Saints would’ve run the ball three times, forced the Rams to use their remaining TOs, and kicked a chip shot FG. The Rams would’ve gotten the ball with >30 seconds with no timeouts and lots of field to cover.

I’m willing to bet Robey-Coleman suffers a mysterious injury in the next few weeks and can’t play versus the Pats. No way he’s allowed to do what he did against the Saints versus the Pats. He’ll get a PI called if he even stares hard at Edelman.

So the Rams players, coaches, fans and LA media didn’t want this officiating crew because they associated them with losses which means that they think this crew impacted the outcome of the game buy now we hear rams players, LA media and LA fans saying that the refs didn’t impact the outcome of the game!

Me too. But the Saints FO is part of the machine.

Which is the reason I would like a statement from the team on this, in my opinion the ownership was way to quiet on the Bounty gate scandal. Have you seen how other owners react when the Nfl pulls their shenanigans?

If they stay quiet I’m really starting to believe the narrative that the NFL is a money machine, where as much as super bowl locations are bid on a decided so are the participants.

Not gonna happen... she is the newest owner or one of them in the league.

The Rams player cheated. He broke the rules. He admitted it.

He was not penalized for his cheating even though two referees were standing directly in front of him looking directly at him.

Had he not cheated, Tommylee Lewis probably scores a TD. Or we get a first down at least.

Had he been penalized for cheating, we’d have a first down.

If we get a first down, we win.

So it did cost us the game.

Cool, you convinced me. Thing is, I was already convinced. Now go convince the NFL and the rest of the country who probably won't know what you're talking about since they've already forgotten all about it.

Which is the reason I would like a statement from the team on this, in my opinion the ownership was way to quiet on the Bounty gate scandal. Have you seen how other owners react when the Nfl pulls their shenanigans?

If they stay quiet I’m really starting to believe the narrative that the NFL is a money machine, where as much as super bowl locations are bid on a decided so are the participants.

This is where I am.
For as much as the league PUBLICLY vilified the Saints, Coach Payton, Mickey Loomis, Greg Williams for a "bounty scandal" the Saints have a chance to, according to the NFL rule book, appeal for a review of an error that cost them a Championship game, and IT SHOULD BE PUBLIC just as the league did it. I will say this, guys like Michael Thomas are emotional and passionate about their hard work and they want trust and honesty. If the Saints are not willing to stand on this egregious wrong, and this guy and some others from what's being reported are petitioning the team to do something, and they just sit on it, then I believe it could negatively affect our outcomes come free agency time.

.... Now go convince the NFL and the rest of the country who probably won't know what you're talking about since they've already forgotten all about it.

I can promise you right now the rest of the country has NOT forgotten about this.. here in Portland that's all anyone that knows a thing about football is talking about.... from my fellow co-workers, to the people that I deal with on a daily, to the gas attendant, to my fellas at the gym, etc.. all they can say is "damn Marques, your boys got seriously robbed".. I couldn't even begin to count how many times I heard that this morning.. & I mean your talking about Portland Oregon!!. we ain't even close to being down South, yet the passion for the "lack of a call" is all anyone can seem to talk about.

I love the Saints with all my heart, and have since 1988.. so yeah, this one is a serious stinger, even moreso than the Vikings debacle from last year, cuz at least in that game it wasn't a penalty, it was just football, and that's how it goes sometimes... but this, smh, this was just flat blatant, not calling a call is one thing, but basically missing 3 calls on 1 play is totally un-acceptable.

Our entire section, and in fact for that matter the entire pub, that I frequent with my Missus, just couldn't believe what went (or didn't) go down.. I was taught a long long time ago that outside of respect the next biggest thing that matters in life is accountability.. I could go on but I think i've made my point.. trust, it goes a long way outside of New Orleans, even to just the average football fan, even if they aren't a fan of the Saints, they know.

NW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom