CBS Sports' Pete Prisco is picking Bills to upset Saints. (1 Viewer)

Shhh.... Don't say that around here. They have Breesus.

LOL! Tru dat. To the OP. Why do you care? I can care less what the media says, it has no outcome at all for Sunday. I understand you want the Saints to be "noticed" but it's only week two dude. Give it a few more weeks and beating teams like the Jets and Giants and then you will see your precious media talk about the Saints more. Until then it won't happen man, unless of course we completely blow out the Bills and hang 40 again because that's never been done three games in a row to start the season.

I think the majority of us do it jokingly '90s, We know it won't be an easy game, but not too many people will let you know that we're a little bit worried, (very little bit) but its there, so with all that said Saints 38 - 27
Maybe that's the difference between Bills fans and Saints fans.

Most Bills fans expect and predict the team to lose more often than they predict a win. But we still watch every game like it's our last and hold out hope to the last, dying moment, even when we know we're destined to lose.

You know, we're kind of like heroin addicts that way.

You mean like last year? No/hurt deuce. No/hurt Reggie. No/hurt Stecker.

#1 Passing team
#1 Offense
#1 scoring team

I'd say that one dimension is the most dangerous in all of pro football. our 1-dimension wasn't the problem last season.

im not disagreeing with you, our offense is still going to be explosive.

how many games did we lose by 3 points? how many 3rd and shorts/mediums did we not make, because we didn't have the runner?

im just saying, we are going to be hurting with no rb that can pickup those short yardage. can reggie do it? i hope so, because we are going to need a big game from him.

have some perspective? My friend, you are on on a saints FAN forum, not Meet the Press. I suggest it is you who need perspective. Your condescending attitude grows weary. This board is supposed to be biased. We're fans. Have you looked at the Bills forum? We apparently have the worst defense in the leaugue and have played 2 high school teams, one of them girls, and the other a flag foorball team. You need a little perspective if you don't think serious fans who support this Board won't get a little ruffled by a pundit predicting an upset....have a little perspective...we know we didn't make the playoffs last year, and we have watched every single game, unlike you...so your lecturing to us about our team is smug, and ridiculous
I haven't not watched a Bills game since I went to cut down my Christmas tree in 2001. And I brought a radio so I could listen while I used my handsaw. Don't you dare question anyone's fanhood.

But being a fan and being realistic aren't mutually exclusive, like some people seem to believe.

You mean like last year? No/hurt deuce. No/hurt Reggie. No/hurt Stecker.

#1 Passing team
#1 Offense
#1 scoring team

I'd say that one dimension is the most dangerous in all of pro football. our 1-dimension wasn't the problem last season.
And even with all that, we still lost 8 games last year. It's unrealistic to expect us to go undefeated, so the longer the team keeps winning, the more analysts are going to keep looking for where we are most likely to slip up.

Given that we're playing a team that's played well on the road outdoors and with the possibility of rain and the potential of injuries limiting our running game, I can see the reasons why we could lose.

All that said, I think Hamilton will play well enough to compensate for the running back injuries, and as long as we can run the ball I think our offense matches up well, especially with our weapons at tight end.

We should win, but it's wouldn't be totally shocking if we lost, and it's certainly not shocking that analysts are picking other teams.

Seems like alot of people are picking this to be an upset game.
Think about it, if it wasn't the Saints, for a second:

"High-flying 2-0 team rolls in to a difficult road environment, on the heels of a huge win with a big game looming the following week, playing a desperate team at home with some playmakers who are hungry. Everyone's talking about how great the 2-0 team is, with good reason, since they're blowing everybody out. Fans are talking super bowl and analysts are talking about the next Greatest Show on Turf."

Looks like the blueprint for a classical let-down game, doesn't it? The kind where the coach says afterward "We're going to learn from our mistakes, regroup, and come out on fire next week. We made too many mistakes, penalties, and turnovers, and you can't win like that. But we'll be ready next week, I promise you."

Sound familiar yet? That's why people are picking it as an upset game.

Well, we (as in Payton's teams) usually have flat games or lose after big wins so it wouldn't be a huge shock...

Washington after Dallas 06, St Louis after Jacksonville 07 and Tampa after Green Bay 08. Those spring to mind, there's probably more.

GULP! I was in the dome for that 0-8 St Louis visit...what a disjointed game. We were pitiful. bad memories there....

I actually think this will tell us a lot about the mentality of our team. Are they taking this team lightly? We'll know if they come out and lay an egg. If they really are as focused as we hope they are, then they will avoid the "trap" game.

um..lol...90s guy, with all due respect, I said you have not watched every SAINTS games (not every Bills game, I could care less..was it that hard to figure out?!). I don't know about Bills' forums, but here, we consider it good etiquette to actually read the post (yes, all of the words, even polysyllabic) before replying with a rant...you're making Bills fans look like illiterates (or slow witted)...And I had great repsect for them, until just now...

Think about it, if it wasn't the Saints, for a second:

"High-flying 2-0 team rolls in to a difficult road environment, on the heels of a huge win with a big game looming the following week, playing a desperate team at home with some playmakers who are hungry. Everyone's talking about how great the 2-0 team is, with good reason, since they're blowing everybody out. Fans are talking super bowl and analysts are talking about the next Greatest Show on Turf."

Looks like the blueprint for a classical let-down game, doesn't it? The kind where the coach says afterward "We're going to learn from our mistakes, regroup, and come out on fire next week. We made too many mistakes, penalties, and turnovers, and you can't win like that. But we'll be ready next week, I promise you."

Sound familiar yet? That's why people are picking it as an upset game.

so is that an idication of a great Bills defense or a great offense shooting itself in the foot? Thats the question...if the latter shows up, then you win. But if the offense that has played the last two weeks show up then, sorry to rain on your parade, we win.

I haven't not watched a Bills game since I went to cut down my Christmas tree in 2001. And I brought a radio so I could listen while I used my handsaw. Don't you dare question anyone's fanhood.

But being a fan and being realistic aren't mutually exclusive, like some people seem to believe.

The comment was implying that you have not seen all SAINTS games, which I suspect is true. No one was questioning your support of the BILLS, so chill a bit.

so is that an idication of a great Bills defense or a great offense shooting itself in the foot? Thats the question...if the latter shows up, then you win. But if the offense that has played the last two weeks show up then, sorry to rain on your parade, we win.
Haha, it's an indication of nothing really. All I mean is that trap games of this sort happen a lot in the NFL, and every analyst wants to look smart by being the one who successfully picks one. So picking the Bills isn't surprising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom