CBS Sports ranks Top 10 WRs in NFL (1 Viewer)

I guess I just haven’t watched enough film on him. To me, he’s Brandin Cooks with a stronger-armed QB. Put a Safety over the top and any decent man CB on him and he disappears, from what I’ve seen. The problem is Mahomes. Dude can make any throw on the field from any position. He makes Hill look better than he is IMO.

I actually believe it's the other way around. Mahomes WR's are usually so wide open that Stevie Wonder could complete a pass to them if he had an arm. Especially Hill, his game speed is much better than Cooks.

Amari Cooper at #6 and above Mike Evans is an absolute joke. Cooper is the guy that's grossly overrated on this list. He's not even top 10.

I agree with whoever said Davante Adams is a little high. He's a good WR but he's definitely a beneficiary of the "Aaron Rodgers is going to throw to somebody" factor.

OBJ has had some rough patches and hasn't had his head on straight for a year or two but he is still a very good receiver. Mayfield was terrible last year and destroyed any semblance of offense that team had.

Receivers better than Cooper in no particular order:
Thomas, Jones, Hopkins, OBJ, Adams, Tyreek, Evans, Godwin, Kupp, Diggs, Lockett, A. Robinson, K. Allen, Kenny Golladay, and Edelman. There are more and a bunch of maybes (IE Marvin Jones, our Sanders, etc.).

Tyreek Hill is an incredible weapon and had a good year with Alex Smith so he's not just a product of Mahomes. But I agree with you guys saying he's not in that top tier. I think the top tier is pretty clearly defined as CGM, Jones, and Hopkins; with Mike Evans on the bubble.

If we are starting to expand to the top 15, then I've got Theilen somewhere 10-15.

He has monster productivity when his health is right and has elite route running and hands. As far as underrated WRs go, he is in the top 5.

I'm actually surprised. Saints receivers have historically not gotten their due, Colston was overlooked his whole career.

I'm actually surprised. Saints receivers have historically not gotten their due, Colston was overlooked his whole career.
Thats one receiver. Who else has not "gotten their due"?

Bc I remember joe horn being in everyone's top 5-10 in the league during his run

Bc I remember joe horn being in everyone's top 5-10 in the league during his run
True that. Plus people were talking Jimmy up as a first ballot HOF'er after his first three years until he decided to sabotage his relationship/career with the Saints

It was mostly just Colston.

There are still Saints fans who criminally underrate him. Easily the best WR we've ever had and it's not particularly close at all.

Pretty good list, imo. I would probably drop Tyreek several spots. Refreshing to see a national media not rank Edelman in the top5 and spend the whole article pumping him up for the HOF.
What? Tyreek is NUMBER ONE!!! In Madden. Drop back, let it fly. Zero skill needed. 80 percent of my games lost have been to cheezers doing this.
Oh and BTW, I love how many people on the board sho-shoed TB going to Bucs. LOL. 2 top 10 WR's, HOF best 1-3 TE's to ever touch a ball, and OJ Howard. If I recall, people on the board said the O line was leaky. LOL. TB will have to run/scramble as much as DB does--never. They move UP in the pocket.

According to CBS Sports, the Tampa Bay Bucs were the only NFL team with two of the Top 10 WRs on their Roster (Chris Godwin and Mike Evans). Guess which WR was number 1 on the list?

Cooper is not top ten and I don't see both TB WRs being in the top 10. It is close but not top ten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom