CBS Sports Saints Rapid Reports - 10/27/09 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oct 27 1:17 ET
TE Jeremy Shockey on the comeback win: "(A bad loss would result in) everyone being bitter the next week. One game could have cost you two or three games like Atlanta or the next game because everyone would have been *****ing about it. It's great that our game happened like it did. ... It's going to help us in the long run."

Oct 27 1:16 ET
TE Jeremy Shockey on playing a close game for once: "It's not crucial, but it's a blessing in disguise when something happens like that. Other teams would have been like 'Oh! You panicked!' You hit the panic button and turmoil would have been on the sidelines. Pointing fingers and the game was over with."

Oct 27 1:15 ET
The Saints' 18 takeaways is the glaring difference in coach Sean Payton's eyes from any teams he's coached in New Orleans. The Saints only had 22 takeaways in the 2008 season. Another stat to look at: five defensive TDs in 2009, zero defensive TDs in 2008.

Oct 27 1:14 ET
"We're winning," RB Reggie Bush said. "We're undefeated. It would be selfish of me to put my personal goals ahead of this team. It's not about that. It's about staying positive, being a leader and keep this win streak we have going. ... It's a special time. There's no room for selfishness for anyone."

Oct 27 1:13 ET
RB Reggie Bush may be showing his mature side by not complaining about his dropoff in touches despite scoring against the Dolphins. Bush received a season-low six offensive touches (three carries, three receptions) vs. Miami. Bush doesn't feel like he's being phased out.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NO

Reggie made 2 CLUTCH plays for us against Miami. He is a gamechanger no matter how few touches he gets.

Bush will have his game where he cuts loose real soon.

Brees has been looking for Bush downfield in the passing game, and I imagine that it's just a matter of time before they start connecting on a few of these. I wonder if Bush sticks around after practice and runs routes with the WRs?

1:38:44 pm The Saints fan support has almost been too overwhelming. RB Reggie Bush said it took him more than an hour just to leave the airport with the estimated 5,000 fans greeting the team. Coach Sean Payton anticipates some safety measures will be taken at the airport for the next road trip.

Bush is a big name in the NFL, and I'm very glad that he's handling his role unselfishly. It'll be interesting if he's willing to continue that unselfishness next year when his salary goes from 9 to 13M. That'll be too much for his role, so that'll be the real test of his sincerity. At least for this year, his attitude is great.

The level of maturity and team togetherness on this club is amazing.

Add in the fact that the talent level and depth is, overall, the best a Saints team has ever had, and this very well could be a special season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom