CBSsports: Brees makes short jump to Brady, Peyton stature (1 Viewer)

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12257281

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Two years ago, it would have been blasphemous to even consider there was another NFL quarterback in the same class with New England's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]They were -- and are -- 1 and 1A, depending on your preference. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Now say hello to 1B. His name is Drew Brees, quarterback of the New Orleans Saints. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "Yes, he's up there with them," Jacksonville Jaguars corner Rashean Mathis said. "He's proven it year in and year out. His numbers speak for themselves. You can't argue where he stands. He's definitely up there with those two." [/FONT]

I think as of right now Peyton and Drew should be 1 and 1a and Brady should be 2.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

If Drew continues to play this way, at what point do people start to say Brees is #1 and Payton and Brady are 2a and 2b? Does he have to win a Superbowl? More than 1 Superbowl? never?

What do you guys think. His numbers since becoming a Saint are already the best in the league in that timeframe.

I tell you right now look at the way Brees plays compared to Manning and Brady. Brady and Manning are nowhere close to Brees. The way Brees moves on the field is just phenomenal. The only reason the idiot media says Brady and Manning are 1 and 2 are because of the rings, but football is a team sport. Manning and Brady won titles because they were surrounded by talent on both sides of the ball. Since 2006 Brees has taken the team on his shoulders and carried them for 3 years, now it's time the team returns the favor and helps Brees out.

Brees is playing better then both of them right now and frankly, it's not that close.

We know Drew's not built like a prototypical QB guy, can it with the joke headlines already ;)

That Super Bowl argument is so old... I guess Dan Marino must royally suck, and Trent Dilfer must be in the 1C class.

Yeah that Dilfer reference is old too, but damm... rings shouldn't define a player. Jim Kelly is another one... I'd take him over Troy Aikman in a heartbeat, but since he won 3 rings he's in the HOF for "not screwing it up".

Ridiculous.

Brees, Manning, Brady, Warner, and Rivers are all brilliant, and they will all be the best from week to week. Roethlisberger doesn't have the supporting cast, but must be in the conversation. He is as clutch as any QB on the list.

Personally, I'd like to see what Manning and Brady would do on the Sportscience show. Let's see if they are even close to being as accurate as drew!

1B? Could be worse, I guess, because I'm thankful it's not like Peyton and Brady are Thing 1 and Thing 2.

The only thing seperating them is Superbowl victories or appearances for that matter. I think he is, by far, playing better that those two right now.

WE Saints fans and a few others know that as of now Brees is playing at a level above both Manning and Brady but until he has a ring on his finger others will refuse to put him at there status no matter what numbers he puts up.

Roethlisberger doesn't have the supporting cast, but must be in the conversation. He is as clutch as any QB on the list.

He doesn't? One of the best WR duos in the league, a good pass catching TE, a great stable of runningbacks?

Yeah I know he gets hit a lot. That wouldn't happen so much if he didn't hold onto the ball for 30 minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom