CBSSports.com Clark Judge says all NFC South teams except Bucs desperate for draft hits (1 Viewer)

What a dumb sentence
"NFC South: Only Bucs aren't desperate for big draft hits"

Tampa Bay Bucs "Well yeah, we'd like a draft hit, but, you know, we're ok with Jonathon Sullivan"

:covri:

speaking of draft hits... the league ought to be hitting the Bucs hard by taking away a pick for tampering.

I think if we're desperate for a rookie corner to make our season a success, we're in real trouble.

I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to turn a WR to the "dark side" and make him a CB. Just get the fastest, tallest guy out there. As long as he can keep up with the WR he's guarding (there's the speed), his size should give him an advantage getting to the ball. It would be nice, but I don't really care if he (the CB) even catches it. I just want the WR to not get the ball. Why are there so many short (5' 10"- 6' 0") CBs when there are so many WR over 6'' 2"? Isn't that asking for trouble?

I'd think the Bucs have just as many holes as us, but thats just me :shrug:

Last edited:
The Bucs were 9-7 last year, got bounced out of the playoffs immediately, have a 37 year-old as their starting QB, and only had a winning season because the Saints gave away the game in the Dome with Reggie Bush's fumble.

No, if the Saints have a halfway decent defense next year, the Bucs will not take the NFC South. I don't think the Bucs are so great.

Nah.. da Saints are gonna suck this year.. and dem Bucs are beasts... da putty-tats rule, too. And dem doity boids are gonna be flyin' high.

Now watch Drew and da Saints go and screw up all my predictions. ;)

I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to turn a WR to the "dark side" and make him a CB. Just get the fastest, tallest guy out there. As long as he can keep up with the WR he's guarding (there's the speed), his size should give him an advantage getting to the ball. It would be nice, but I don't really care if he (the CB) even catches it. I just want the WR to not get the ball. Why are there so many short (5' 10"- 6' 0") CBs when there are so many WR over 6'' 2"? Isn't that asking for trouble?

Leaving aside the lack of experience in playing a different position, the ability of good corners to turn their hips well is a defining feature. Scouts will often talk about DBs having 'quick hips' or similar.

I know my guys get run through the hip turn drills early and often, as I have to see who can do it naturally, plus ensure I coach all of 'em up to be able to turn with the deeper routes. At a pro level, the need to have this ability can only be many times magnified.

:rofl:

it's articles like this that make me question the requirements for being a writer for one of these e-fishwraps. no mention of drc in the cb's. it seems that if you have a pulse you know that drc and mckelvin are one and 2 (not necessarily in that order, but in my book they are). and no mention of dorsey to the dirty birds? seriously, i think that a group of sr.commers can write for anyone as well as some so called journalists.

Let's see...

For the Saints (...when I say "check," it means there is no desperate need there; not that it's perfect):

OFFENSE:
QB........CHECK (Brees/Brunell)
C..........CHECK (Goodwin)
FB........CHECK (Karney)
K..........CHECK (Gramatica)
P..........CHECK (Weatherford)
OT/OG..NO-MAS (J.Brown, Evans) ...upgrade needed (others are "journeyman-quality")
WR......CHECK (Colston, Henderson, Meachem, Patton, etc...)
RB.......CHECK (Bush, McAllister, P.Thomas, Stecker, Branch, Barclay)
TE........NO-MAS (Miller, Johnson, Campbell: adequate, but no gamebreakers) ...upgrade needed
LS........CHECK (Houser)

DEFENSE:
DL.......CHECK (H.Thomas, Fresh Prince, McCray, C.Grant, Young, A.Lake)
S.........NO-MAS (Kaesviharn, Harper, Bullocks, Reis) ...upgrade needed
LB........CHECK (Vilma, Morgan, Fujita) ...only if Vilma & Morgan remain healthy (otherwise, we still need to upgrade here)
CB.......NO-MAS (R.Gay, McKenzie, U.Young) ...upgrade needed; Predator's health is a big issue. J.David is a nickel, not starting corner.

Even with the ones identified as "NO-MAS," I don't see the Saints in desperation-mode. :eek:

Yes, we need several upgrades. But all-in-all, I think the FO has put the team in position to take the BPA.

JMHO :cool:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom