N/S CD Lamb Block (1 Viewer)

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In the last few minutes of the Cowgirls/Failclowns game, CD Lamb made a (IMO) great block on Keanu Neal but they called it a penalty (blind side block). I completely understand the push for safety and all but that was a great & clean block. Lamb was in front and no head contact. I could understand if he was on the side or back of Neal. Horrible rule and call! Just for the record I truly hate both of these teams, just think the rule is garbage.

In the last few minutes of the Cowgirls/Failclowns game, CD Lamb made a (IMO) great block on Keanu Neal but they called it a penalty (blind side block). I completely understand the push for safety and all but that was a great & clean block. Lamb was in front and no head contact. I could understand if he was on the side or back of Neal. Horrible rule and call! Just for the record I truly hate both of these teams, just think the rule is garbage.
The rule is if your going back towards your own goal lien in motion. However I. Thought it was more lateral myself and didn’t think it was a penalty

So glad Jo Lonn Dunbar laid out Henderson on that Reggie Bush punt return TD against the Vikings before this rule was made maybe partly due to him. Watch from the start 5:02 - 5:40 or so for all the replays, dude got leveled.

I think the rule was made in part due to Bobby McCray blindsiding Warner in the 09 playoffs. I remember when they kept showing that clip during bountygate as proof of the Saints being a dirty team, I kept screaming "That was a legal play in 09-10!"

So glad Jo Lonn Dunbar laid out Henderson on that Reggie Bush punt return TD against the Vikings before this rule was made maybe partly due to him. Watch from the start 5:02 - 5:40 or so for all the replays, dude got leveled.

maybe they should amend the rule so a player a yard away can make contact. just can't take a running start.

I think the rule was made in part due to Bobby McCray blindsiding Warner in the 09 playoffs. I remember when they kept showing that clip during bountygate as proof of the Saints being a dirty team, I kept screaming "That was a legal play in 09-10!"
That's a good one too! But I wish they would just limit the penalty for doing it against QB's. Let the rest play

I saw both plays yesterday where that “penalty” was called, and both times I thought “this is exactly the type of call/no call that the Saints get jobbed on.”
It’s just a matter of time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom