Celebrating murderers, good idea, or nah? (1 Viewer)

they are certainly the main characters but i don't think they are anywhere close to being heroes :shrug:
I don't think many people were watching episodes of Breaking Bad hoping that this would be the episode that Walt finally gets what he deserves.

I don't think many people were watching episodes of Breaking Bad hoping that this would be the episode that Walt finally gets what he deserves.

right, i understand why a character like Walt is appealing but i don't think 'hero' is a good way to describe him

right, i understand why a character like Walt is appealing but i don't think 'hero' is a good way to describe him
Maybe we just disagree on the semantics then.

The show glorifies bad people. Maybe i should have worded it that way.

Walter White and Tony Soprano are the protagonists in their shows, not the heroes. There are some rules to making a good, bad guy protagonist (can't hurt animals, no rape, etc.) but the main one is that he needs to live in a grey world where he's not the worst person.

As to the OP, I know what it's about. Nobody here at least is celebrating "murder" but we don't all have the same perspective on what is a murderer, who has culpability for military action, and what should tarnish someone's overall legacy.

Walter White and Tony Soprano are the protagonists in their shows, not the heroes. There are some rules to making a good, bad guy protagonist (can't hurt animals, no rape, etc.) but the main one is that he needs to live in a grey world where he's not the worst person.
This is a great observation. Clint Eastwood rose to fame starring in those types of movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom