Celebrating murderers, good idea, or nah? (1 Viewer)

I find alignment fascinating but have a serious hard time fitting people in the proper category? I think most people see themselves as chaotic good

2 things
Alignment charts work best on genre characters - characters who are more than likely to act within a constrained behavioral range
People tend to characterize themselves from their thoughts not their behaviors- that’s how you get so many people who do crappy things but think they are good

If anyone knows my posting history, I totally get the point. Personally I'm not saddened at all by Powell's death, I never knew him. He wasn't evil as I see it, he was just a cog. Not a guy to take pride in, not a guy to admonish necessarily, but I see why some might feel either way. If it hadn't been him promoting awful stuff, it would have been someone else. We don't know his knowledge, his motivations.

I was in high school, I thought the Iraq war was awesome, America, f yeah! Now I'd hope more sophisticated people could get past my exuberance regarding the awesomeness of American power, but they didn't, they still get behind it with all kinds of enthusiasm, little regard to poor folk across the world. I don't pretend to know their motivations. Powell was either a dupe or a shill, or maybe just doing what he thought was best. I don't know.

Tomwaits post, in my opinion, has a legitimate point. I can see the frustration. But we just go along. Children dying as we fund it, Laundrie our focus. I just get the ridiculousness of it all is what I'm saying. We can express it in different ways. The line between political and not is for the moderators here.

I agree that Powell wasn't a great man, but there isn't any politicians at that level I would view as great men, they.all make decisions that kill many innocent people. Congress, Senate, Joint Chiefs, Generals, Presidents, etc. all guilty of the same stuff Powell is guilty of. same for soldiers who follow orders even when they know it's wrong. so, if you consider Powell a murderer, then you have to blame all the way around top to bottom. but some want to pick and choose which ones to blame that fits their narrative..

Sorry, huge work load has kept me away for a while, but finally have a backfill for my old job so it should be getting much better after I train him.

So this came from seeing people say they want that Brian Launderie guy to die a horrible death for probably killing his gf, but Colin Powell has a vast history of promoting, defending, covering up the murder of at least tens of thousands (if not more) and he is called a great man. There are tens of thousands of children that are dead now because of Powell's actions.

Calling a (specific) politician a "great man" is not considered political by this site (even though it absolutely is), but saying he was a murderer is considered political. (wait, does this mean I can post a thread about someone like Trump or Obama being a great man?)

Saying you are against mass murder (if done by the government) is political according to this site, even though I am not saying either party is good/bad on this. They are both the same, and I have no love for either of these parties. If I posted against some guy shooting a bunch of people, that would be fine also, but if the US government kills children, that is political?

My whole point is that people should not kill each other. Its wrong for an individual and its wrong for a government. Killing innocent children is even worse, and hundreds of thousands have dies from US foreign policy in the last 25 years (Dem and Rep administrations). Not saying that it is one party or the other culpable, this is bipartisan and not political.

SO I have been saying murder is wrong by anyone, and mass murder is even worse. The government controlled by Dems and Repubs both engage in this mass murder and I can't go along with saying the people involved are great.

If I can't say some politician is bad because his actions resulted in mass slaughter, why can someone say that same guy is a great man? Is that also not a political take?

PS, love the takes on fictional material.
Don't hurt people, don't take their stuff - It should not be hard to do

Also, I love you guys!

Cliff notes: You're a hypocrite.

You're no so much against murderers (politicians directly leading to the murder of people) as you are against people who feel strongly about political figures though you yourself have strong political feelings. You pick and choose atrocities when it fits.

Mjcouvi on the other hand is very consistent in their admonishments. You? Attempting to score Political points while feigning to be above it all.

Last edited:
I agree that Powell wasn't a great man, but there isn't any politicians at that level I would view as great men, they.all make decisions that kill many innocent people. Congress, Senate, Joint Chiefs, Generals, Presidents, etc. all guilty of the same stuff Powell is guilty of. same for soldiers who follow orders even when they know it's wrong. so, if you consider Powell a murderer, then you have to blame all the way around top to bottom. but some want to pick and choose which ones to blame that fits their narrative..

Like exactly what the OP did.

Gotta put a whole slew of CEOs in this mix too

Mjcouvi on the other hand is very consistent in their admonishments. You? Attempting to score Political points while feigning to be above it all.

Don’t accuse me of being decent! I’m an @tomwaits defender til my last breath man! He’s my brethren. He’s a consistent mfer. Love him, but yeah thanks for being nice bro. Much ❤️

Don’t accuse me of being decent! I’m an @tomwaits defender til my last breath man! He’s my brethren. He’s a consistent mfer. Love him, but yeah thanks for being nice bro. Much ❤️
For a minute there, I thought I had made a drunk post that I did not remember typing.... I was like, when did type that?

Also I’m not a their/them/they. I’m a he/him. Respect my gender, yeah? Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom