Celebrities without makeup (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Faith Hill looks like Bon Jovi without makeup.

Katie Holmes- Let's just say I get where Tom Cruise is coming from.

A few others look pretty bad without makeup but a lot look better without or not much difference.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Olivia Wilde actually looks better without. Who wouldst thunk it?

Actually met Angelina Jolie once without makeup and OUCH, not good.

SuePrudhomme

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's not really a fair comparison. Most of the no-makeup shots are right after a workout or in harsh lighting, whereas the made-up pictures are red carpet photos or otherwise posed. Male stars often look pretty wretched when they're just leaving the gym or on a beach vacation, too.

Also, the NY Daily News can kiss it when they say stuff like, "...when you're sporting grey hair with a makeup-free face, that's crossing the line." Really, you mean like men do ohh...every danged day!? That's not okay for a woman to do, ever? Is being pretty something we owe the world at all times? Is it part of the social contract that I devote half an hour to drawing on my face before it can be seen in public?

Counterpoint: Kathy Griffin's face will give me nightmares. Holy cats, lady, your plastic surgeon did you NO favors.

Last edited:

amused

that's why you're here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the social contract mentioned something about sammiches too ...

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It's not really a fair comparison. Most of the no-makeup shots are right after a workout or in harsh lighting, whereas the made-up pictures are red carpet photos or otherwise posed.
I agree.

I noticed that a lot of the women who looked good without makeup were smiling, and having a good time....most of the ones that didn't look as good were working out, or caught off guard by the camera.

Is being pretty something we owe the world at all times? Is it part of the social contract that I devote half an hour to drawing on my face before it can be seen in public?
Not at all. But when that is how you make your money, it becomes more relevant.

Three Monkeys

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sorry, even with makeup, Elle Macpherson looks like Steven Tyler.

And, sans makeup, Kathy Griffin looks like the offspring between Carrot Top and one of those "Faces of Meth" characters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom