Cell phone battery life (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

Toxic Optimist
Reaction score
Ok I have heard to let it die before charging it would make the lifeof the battery last longer, and I have heard that letting it die is the worst thing you can do.

So whats the truff?

For the first 4 cycles, charge all the way up, let drain all the way down. After that it makes no real difference. I usually still go all the way up and down, and usually my batteries last two years or so. It makes less difference with lithium ion batteries like the ones in them now. They don't form a memory. The old style batteries would form a memory and if you didn't do the full cycle would develop a memory and shorten the life quickly.

Or so my experience says.

I plug mine in every night and unplug it every morning. When it won't hold a charge for an entire day, I throw it away and buy a new one.

For the first 4 cycles, charge all the way up, let drain all the way down. They don't form a memory. The old style batteries would form a memory and if you didn't do the full cycle would develop a memory and shorten the life quickly.

Or so my experience says.

I think this may be happening to golf carts at work.

I've heard something similar about letting a battery get quite a bit lower before charging it. No big deal though, I get a new phone upgrade every 2 years anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom