Cellular signal boosters - Camping (1 Viewer)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the market for a cellular signal booster for my RV while camping.

I will be using the booster to increase the signal on my wifi hotspot mostly.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of equipment?
Is one brand better than the other?

i thought gettting out in that RV, and going to the boonies was partially to get away from cell signals? you're missing the point..

at any rate, good luck finding something dependable.

Yeah I have an older 4G Wilson booster. It works great, especially with a larger antennae to get even better signal. If there is absolutely no service, you can't make it up. But with my Wilson and my mid range antennae I can go from barely getting 1x to 3 bars of 3G at least.
https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/weboost-drive-4g-s-cell-phone-signal-booster-kit-470107/

This is the antennae I use. https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/12...792Hvkp_VyFszscxTucHTKUOy4L_OGOMaAuNdEALw_wcB

The only thing is if you want to leave a vehicle you would need to have a battery such as this https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerCore-26800mAh/A1277011 to power it when away from a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought gettting out in that RV, and going to the boonies was partially to get away from cell signals? you're missing the point..

at any rate, good luck finding something dependable.
Out in the boonies with no signal is not a good thing.

You can't even call emergency services if something happens.

Also, when we camp in the summer, you're not always outside. I'm a reader, but that's not everyone's thing.

Out in the boonies with no signal is not a good thing.

You can't even call emergency services if something happens.

Also, when we camp in the summer, you're not always outside. I'm a reader, but that's not everyone's thing.

Exactly why I have mine. If we are out and about in the mountains, you can usually get something, at least a text message if something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the market for a cellular signal booster for my RV while camping.

I will be using the booster to increase the signal on my wifi hotspot mostly.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of equipment?
Is one brand better than the other?
You are completely missing the point of camping. :covri:

Are you really? Or did you just watch TV outside is a less comfortable setting?

Outside.
With friends
Carport?

Lol... Im loving the exchange, but in all seriousness when we camp it's to unplug from the world. Cameras and flashlights are about as technical as we get. I don't miss anything I leave behind, including football. I have some pretty great spots to camp near me as well, so that is a big difference for me.
d9ef08a48cb86da4a076ebb6705b2f52.jpg

Carport?

Lol... Im loving the exchange, but in all seriousness when we camp it's to unplug from the world. Cameras and flashlights are about as technical as we get. I don't miss anything I leave behind, including football. I have some pretty great spots to camp near me as well, so that is a big difference for me.
d9ef08a48cb86da4a076ebb6705b2f52.jpg
What's your favorite campsites?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom