Central Wins (1 Viewer)

alon504

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Central, by Baton Rouge, won their amendment and will now form their own school district. Students from Central have been bussed miles to schools all over Baton Rouge up until this amendment. This is really going to hurt Baton Rouge schools as many of the smartest students in the district live in Central and the parents of Central wanted out and wanted their own district. It's not really big in New Orleans, but, this has been a huge matter in the Baton Rouge area.

http://www.nola.com/elections/electioncoverage/

This is really going to hurt Baton Rouge schools as many of the smartest students in the district live in Central and the parents of Central wanted out and wanted their own district.

http://www.nola.com/elections/electioncoverage/

And what proof do you have to back this up? What makes you believe that the smartest students in the district live in Central? I'm calling BS on that!! Central wanted their own school district as Central is almost 100% white and they didn't like black students being bused into the schools in their area.

And what proof do you have to back this up? What makes you believe that the smartest students in the district live in Central? I'm calling BS on that!! Central wanted their own school district as Central is almost 100% white and they didn't like black students being bused into the schools in their area.

Yeah...its all about race...not smarts...trust me, I used to live in Central...

yeah, this is just more (like Baker and Zachary before them) whites trying to pull out of the school system. On one hand, I can't blame them as it sucks, but someone's got to step up and fix it.

I voted against it and several of the other const. amendments but they all passed. I was thinking about that yesterday - they all always pass. if you read the amendments the way they are on the ballot when you get to the polls, you think, "well, sure, that makes sense." But if you do a little research you find like the hospital one just benefits one or two hospitals and guess what? The hospital happens to be in the ditrict of the legislator who got the amenment on the ballot.

It was clearly stated on the news in Baton Rouge by reporters and by a school board member of East Baton Rouge Parish...who was black, BTW (Channel 2), yesterday.

yeah, this is just more (like Baker and Zachary before them) whites trying to pull out of the school system. On one hand, I can't blame them as it sucks, but someone's got to step up and fix it.

Baker is now one of the worst school districts in the state, fifth worst according to state test scores. Supposedly they had the brightest students in the school district as well but I read an article in the Advocate that they only have 5 gifted students in their district now.

Maybe, I should re-phrase it...the lady on the school board said the highest test scores in the school district come out of Central....anyway, 1+1=2...

I voted for it. The whole state should adopt ISD's. I lived in Austin for 3 years and it seems to work out there. Of course LA is always way behind in adopting anything that works. People here fear change and progress.

I voted for it. The whole state should adopt ISD's. I lived in Austin for 3 years and it seems to work out there. Of course LA is always way behind in adopting anything that works. People here fear change and progress.

ISDs make communities accountable. That's why they work, and why you won't see them in some places.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom