CFP Final - Clemson vs BAMA part 3 (1 Viewer)

Early line:
Alabama -6.5
O/U 60.5

Should be a great game.

When Bama is in there 90% of the time guess we all get less interested....
Wish it was an 8 team playoff but as long as everything is based on rankings we will have these kinda let downs regardless I believe

Wish it was an 8 team playoff but as long as everything is based on rankings we will have these kinda let downs regardless I believe
We already have a growing problem with players skipping the bowl game, and I think adding a game will only aggravate the problem. How many more players will skip the playoffs over concerns of injury if yet another game were added? I think the end result will be that the winners won't represent the best teams during the season, but instead the teams with the most really good players that are not quite good enough for the NFL. Unless a solution to the incentive for players skipping the post season is implemented, I think it will be a barrier to growing the playoffs.

I grow less and less interested in the CFB CG every year...

Same. So much so I didn't watch it last year. I also didn't watch much of the year Clemson won it. This year's viewing is in jeopardy as well.

All an 8 team playoff will do is give us more blowouts at the end of the season. There are maybe 3 elite teams this year and I don't expect much to change next year. A team will need to sneak up on them to beat them, which doesn't happen in a playoff format.

This is how the NFL was before the salary cap. It took revenue sharing and cap rules to make it interesting again. I hear the NCAA is headed down the same road.

All an 8 team playoff will do is give us more blowouts at the end of the season. There are maybe 3 elite teams this year and I don't expect much to change next year. A team will need to sneak up on them to beat them, which doesn't happen in a playoff format.

This is how the NFL was before the salary cap. It took revenue sharing and cap rules to make it interesting again. I hear the NCAA is headed down the same road.

I see your point, guessing we could at the very least seen if Georgia could have survived to play Bama again.... you think with an 8 team playoff it could affect recruiting? thinking some kids are only choosing schools they believe have a shot at the current playoff system....

Bad for college football, in my opinion... i havent watched the last couple yrs’ title games, and wont be watching this year’s either.. how can anyone root for either of these teams?? I mean, Clemson with their stupid wannabe ‘Tigers’ and their lame imitation of ‘Death Valley’.. and Bama is , well, just Bama... Saban has to be getting bored by now, right? I watched some of the game last night and Saban looked to me to be very bored, not that he has ever looked overly enthused.. i dont know what the answer is, but it’s a shame it’s come to this , since in the last few years i’ve grown to love college football as much as i’ve always loved the NFL.. but these kinds of conclusions to the season are deadly IMO.

I see your point, guessing we could at the very least seen if Georgia could have survived to play Bama again.... you think with an 8 team playoff it could affect recruiting? thinking some kids are only choosing schools they believe have a shot at the current playoff system....
I think that stuff is pretty far down the list for recruits who are just children leaving home for the first time and stepping out on their own. I think they want a school where they feel comfortable first and foremost. After that, there is playing time, fit with the coaches and team, the cool stuff that schools offer, location, etc and then winning games and championships. Most kids realize that unless they go to one of eight, maybe ten schools out of 120 of them, they have no real shot at a championship.

Visibility is always good for recruiting, but there are lots of ways to have visibility.

Get rid of Bama, and college football will be fun again.
Or we could just give Alabama the Grand Champion trophy at the beginning of the year, then whoever is the second best team can be the National Champion.
I'm for anything that would just take the Tide out of the running every year. :hm:

I grow less and less interested in the CFB CG every year...

Ditto on that. I get tired of watching the same teams with the same results each year. I won't watch it, but I will check the score. Here is South Alabama there will be a big get-together put on by the Bama fans in my neighborhood that I will not attend.

I think that stuff is pretty far down the list for recruits who are just children leaving home for the first time and stepping out on their own. I think they want a school where they feel comfortable first and foremost. After that, there is playing time, fit with the coaches and team, the cool stuff that schools offer, location, etc and then winning games and championships. Most kids realize that unless they go to one of eight, maybe ten schools out of 120 of them, they have no real shot at a championship.

Visibility is always good for recruiting, but there are lots of ways to have visibility.

I keep hoping they will get some type of recruiting violation, but they will most likely pay for it to go away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom