CFP TOP 25 (1 Viewer)

It amazes me to see Alabama sitting there just outside of the top 4 without a game left to play. At this point I need #s 1-5 to all win just to keep those forkers out.

Much as I hate to say it since I can't stand USC think the playoffs would be more interesting if USC and TCU won there games... I do not care for a rematch of of OSU vs Mich....

Much as I hate to say it since I can't stand USC think the playoffs would be more interesting if USC and TCU won there games... I do not care for a rematch of of OSU vs Mich....
Yeh, I wouldn't mind if it stayed like this for the playoffs.

Oh I dont want to see a rematch either. Just feel tOSU and Bama present better competition for UGA and UM... but at least it would be "new". It is hard to tell how good USC is... their one loss was by one point to Utah I think... but the PAC was pretty weak so it is just hard to tell.

Oh I dont want to see a rematch either. Just feel tOSU and Bama present better competition for UGA and UM... but at least it would be "new". It is hard to tell how good USC is... their one loss was by one point to Utah I think... but the PAC was pretty weak so it is just hard to tell.
The only reason I now want to see USC in the CFP is so they'll get smacked down hard. At this point, I don't want to listen to another year of "We were so close to the playoffs, maybe next year." or "We got screwed out of the playoffs because of SEC/Big 10/etc. bias.".

I don't like 12 teams in the playoffs.
8 teams would be perfect. But I like 12 teams A LOT better than 4.
I think it’s perfect. Every conference champion and a few Wild Cards.
One of my main gripes with this sport is that 1 loss literally can kill your season, or you’re playing “Watch the Polls” days after the games.

I think it’s perfect. Every conference champion and a few Wild Cards.
One of my main gripes with this sport is that 1 loss literally can kill your season, or you’re playing “Watch the Polls” days after the games.
Depending on the loss and the records of other top teams it is often used as the reason to eliminate a team in this 4 team playoff format. But with 8 teams, it would be extremely rare that a deserving team wouldn't make the playoffs. Also an 8 team playoff wouldn't needlessly extend the season for some top players that might decide to forego participating in favor of preparing for the NFL Combine & the draft.

But as I said earlier, a 12 team playoff system is far better than the current 4 team system. But unless they would shorten the regular seasons, I just think having 8 finalists with a shot to win the national championship would work out best for everyone. Trust me, there will be just as many people clamoring about why the #12 team got in over the #13 team as there is now when fans say the #5 team deserves the spot over the #4 team. Such partisan whining will always be part of college football.

Depending on the loss and the records of other top teams it is often used as the reason to eliminate a team in this 4 team playoff format. But with 8 teams, it would be extremely rare that a deserving team wouldn't make the playoffs. Also an 8 team playoff wouldn't needlessly extend the season for some top players that might decide to forego participating in favor of preparing for the NFL Combine & the draft.

But as I said earlier, a 12 team playoff system is far better than the current 4 team system. But unless they would shorten the regular seasons, I just think having 8 finalists with a shot to win the national championship would work out best for everyone. Trust me, there will be just as many people clamoring about why the #12 team got in over the #13 team as there is now when fans say the #5 team deserves the spot over the #4 team. Such partisan whining will always be part of college football.
12 teams is too many extra games. Frankly, as opposed to the idea as most people are, I'm surprised they jumped from 4 to 12. I would have thought 6 or 8 would have been their choice. 8 would be the sweet spot.

12 teams is too many extra games. Frankly, as opposed to the idea as most people are, I'm surprised they jumped from 4 to 12. I would have thought 6 or 8 would have been their choice. 8 would be the sweet spot.
The reason for the jump to 12 is because several of the major bowls would have been left out of the playoff rotation every year. As I hear it the Rose Bowl is coming on board so that they won’t be left out from being able to promote themselves as being “the granddaddy of them all”.

No doubt they demanded a sweeter deal than some of the others. But to me it seems that the Sugar Bowl game produced more national championships recently than most of the other bowl games.

With this 12 team playoff guessing Texas and Oklahoma regretting the move to SEC now and Notre Dame - BYU will be looking to join a conference permantly now

I’m fine with this, doubt it will allow for upsets. At the end of the day it will most likely be the same blue blood universities that make the final 4 and championship game
True. But occasionally it will give a handful of other ‘hopefuls’ a chance at a dream that they never really had before. But it’s probably going to be extremely rare when a 9 to 12 Seed is able to make a run to the championship game. And you can bet that unless they are playing against LSU in that big game, I’ll be pulling for them! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom