CGJ (or Ceedy Deuce) if you prefer (1 Viewer)

The play that opened my eyes to CGJ……rookie season, vs Dallas.

Dak is set for a Hali Mary opportunity to end the game.
The ball is hiked, it looks like a normal Hail Mary is setting up…..then in an instant 22 is hitting Dak, forcing a throw 15 yards short of the endzone, picked off by MW.

Rewatching the play, he waited one count to let OL identify who to block, then just EXPLODED to Dak.

They had zero chance of reaching the endzone…..as he forced the throw while the receivers were still running to the endzone.

Drew then fires onto the field, celebrating, and goes straight to CGJ, patting him on the helmet.

From then on he’s been in full BADA$$ mode.

The play that opened my eyes to CGJ……rookie season, vs Dallas.

Dak is set for a Hali Mary opportunity to end the game.
The ball is hiked, it looks like a normal Hail Mary is setting up…..then in an instant 22 is hitting Dak, forcing a throw 15 yards short of the endzone, picked off by MW.

Rewatching the play, he waited one count to let OL identify who to block, then just EXPLODED to Dak.

They had zero chance of reaching the endzone…..as he forced the throw while the receivers were still running to the endzone.

Drew then fires onto the field, celebrating, and goes straight to CGJ, patting him on the helmet.

From then on he’s been in full BADA$$ mode.
Look at the 1:50 mark

He's a LB in the body of a Corner. He's the Safecornerbacker I hoped Kenny Vacarro would be. What a weapon to have if you're a DC. The guy can do pretty much anything.

Hopefully he shows up ready to rock this week because we're going to need him. It seems like our defense is well suited to defend CMC with Davis, Kwon, Jenkins, and CGJ. Nobody is going to stay in his hip pocket like Rod Woodson but they have the speed to bring him down immediately. They have the athleticism to go make a play on those dinky little dump offs to the flats that have given DA fits.

If we can hold up on the outside against D.J. Moore, Robby Anderson, and Terrace Marshall we should be okay.
I see us playing Robby like we did Adams. Keep a safety over the top.

If we can pressure Darnold with discipline I think we can get some bad throws from him. We need to be careful of shotgun draw plays that can get Christian to the 2nd level and open space if we aren't disciplined in our pass rush.

Without Marshon it will be a good test for Adebo, Trufant & Roby. I'm not as worried about their abilities as I am possible communication issues since they are so new to the team. Especially when switches are needed in bunch formations, etc.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom