CGM...i didnt realize this....3 games left (1 Viewer)

Hes the biggest freak we will ever see in this game.

Well him and Randy Moss
Until CGM came along, IMO. I could see a season in Mike's future where he has an opportunity to at least come close to breaking Calvin Johnson's yardage record. IMO, that would only require a second WR threat who also can demand a double team. I'm hoping there's that kind of prospect in this year's draft that is in our range towards the end of the first.

Until CGM came along, IMO. I could see a season in Mike's future where he has an opportunity to at least come close to breaking Calvin Johnson's yardage record. IMO, that would only require a second WR threat who also can demand a double team. I'm hoping there's that kind of prospect in this year's draft that is in our range towards the end of the first.
The issue with CGM is that his average reception is about 12 yards for his career, he would need to have a season where he catches 150 balls averaging 13 yards per. Obviously that could happen but right now the stats say it is improbable.

That is pretty fantastical! He could go down as the best draft pick in Saints history if he keeps this up.
Yes. But a long way to go to catch Willie Roaf.
For sure. Maybe I should qualify it as "best Saints draft pick at a skill position" because we've drafted lots of stud linemen on both sides of the ball. And I really hope we keep him a Saint for life with the professionalism and dedication he's shown to the game in just his first few years.
He still has a long way to go just to catch Colston as the best Saints draft pick ever. Even when he has more yards & receptions than Colston, to be considered the best draft pick you have to account for how Colston was picked MANY picks later.

I love CGM, but he'll never be the physical freak Randy Moss was. He doesn't have the top end speed. There are not many who've
played this game that can outrun the angle on the sideline. Moss was one of these. Check out 3.30 of this video. That was the big
middle finger to the Dallas defense.

He still has a long way to go just to catch Colston as the best Saints draft pick ever. Even when he has more yards & receptions than Colston, to be considered the best draft pick you have to account for how Colston was picked MANY picks later.
He's gonna fly past Colston in receptions in two short years. In yards in 3 years. In TDs in 5 years.

But yeah it will take a while until we say this was the best value draft pick in Saints history.

Nope, he doesn't need 9 per game, that math is off.

Harrison's record is 143, Thomas needs 22 to catch Harrison and 23 to break the record.

23/3 = 7.667 <--- That's the minimum average needed to break Harrison's record.

So, an average of 8 per game gets Thomas to 145, which would break Harrison's record by 2.

Over 13 games, Thomas is averaging just over 9 catches per game. If he were to keep up that 9 catches per game average, that gets him to 148. That's 5 past Harrison's record, not equal.

Ah, I thought the record was 148! My math was correct, just started with an incorrect assumption.

I'd say he's pretty much got it in the bag but I don't want to jinx anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom