CGM...i didnt realize this....3 games left (1 Viewer)

For sure. Maybe I should qualify it as "best Saints draft pick at a skill position" because we've drafted lots of stud linemen on both sides of the ball. And I really hope we keep him a Saint for life with the professionalism and dedication he's shown to the game in just his first few years.

I agree,but always hated the moniker skill. I believe any position at the NFL level takes a lot of skill to play. Vince Lombardi once said
the closer you play to the spot of the football,the more important your position is. I know it was a different era,but in many ways he's
still right.

I agree,but always hated the moniker skill. I believe any position at the NFL level takes a lot of skill to play. Vince Lombardi once said
the closer you play to the spot of the football,the more important your position is. I know it was a different era,but in many ways he's
still right.
I hate it too but it's the only way I know how to distinguish receivers, RBs and QBs from linemen using commonly accepted nomenclature. Notice they don't use it for any positions on defense at all too. And there's no denying that every position on defense requires a hell of a lot of skill too.

Taking nothing away from Roaf, in his 1st 3 years, no one was saying he was the best OT in history. He was an excellent player, had success in KC & a long career. Thomas is blowing past all the records in his 3rd year. Maintaining a blistering pace even when everybody knows it's going to him.

Taking nothing away from Roaf, in his 1st 3 years, no one was saying he was the best OT in history. He was an excellent player, had success in KC & a long career. Thomas is blowing past all the records in his 3rd year. Maintaining a blistering pace even when everybody knows it's going to him.

It would be a bit delusional for anyone to say that any player was the best ever in their first 3 seasons especially with an Olineman but Roaf was an animal from day one and he lost very little throughout his entire career.

I'm not taking anything away from him but even though Thomas has set an ungodly bar for himself through his first 3 seasons he's going to have to eat a boatload of Wheaties to be considered as the best ever.

Let's talk about him in 7 or 8 years if he's kept up his current pace.

On pace for 149.

If he's that's close, they'll make sure he gets 150.

I'm not the 1 saying that. Big media talk about Thomas w/records & MVP(outside chance) says it. He has the best start for a WR in his 1st 3 years in history. Starting off well, so much to do.
Never slight Roaf, I was around a lot, when he & Smith were picked in the 1st. Wish he could have stayed in Black & Gold.

If he keeps his current pace he wont need 8 years.

If he gets 100 yds per game, breaks Marvin Harrisons record of 1722 yds in a season.

So i say 8 catches each game assures him the receiving record at 155 so why not break the yardage record too.

WOW. What a 2nd round pick. Sheesh!

Your math is off.

Thomas has 121 catches after 13 games, 8 Catches per game for 3 games gets him to 145 for the year, rather than 155. He needs 9 catches a game to equal Harrison's record.

still right.

I think Drew Brees agree with him!

Your math is off.

Thomas has 121 catches after 13 games, 8 Catches per game for 3 games gets him to 145 for the year, rather than 155. He needs 9 catches a game to equal Harrison's record.
Nope, he doesn't need 9 per game, that math is off.

Harrison's record is 143, Thomas needs 22 to catch Harrison and 23 to break the record.

23/3 = 7.667 <--- That's the minimum average needed to break Harrison's record.

So, an average of 8 per game gets Thomas to 145, which would break Harrison's record by 2.

Over 13 games, Thomas is averaging just over 9 catches per game. If he were to keep up that 9 catches per game average, that gets him to 148. That's 5 past Harrison's record, not equal.

He'll get a dozen this Monday night.

The last game of the season will be anti-climactic, as he will certainly be within about 2-3 catches of the record.

I think he gets to 155.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom