Chad Johnson/Carson Palmer: Mike Mckenzie probably the best CB we'll face all season (1 Viewer)

Chad Johnson said that Al Harris was the most underrated corner in the NFL last year. It is not out of character for him to compliment good players.

Thing is Chad Johnson typically does more damage on the left side of the field and with Thomas being questionable they will test him.

Surely McKenzie will be on Johnson. Johnson is much more physical then Housh. McKenzie is a significantly better matchup with him. I believe Johnson is anticipating this with his compliments.

And as for McKenzie. Look when we got him he was one of the top CBs in the NFL. The change in rule emphasis hindered his physical style (which is why he draws penalties sometimes) but it's not like he turned into a pumpkin. He still has cover skills.

CBs get way to much criticism considering the difficulty of the position and rarity of talent. I guess that's why they are always so weird and crazy.

I never really read any pre-game talk a because 99.9% of the time its the same old cliche "this team is great" they do great things on offense and defense" blah blah blah.......Really its pointless.....

That .1% of the time is a guy like Chad Johnson who will usually say something but you know its usually just some fake for the camera S@#t......

I agree with LSSPAM, personally I think Corner is the hardest position to play, especially with the rule changes(which is obviously favors offense over defense). Which I'm not real crazy about. They already give the offensive players was too much leeway...

CBs get way to much criticism considering the difficulty of the position and rarity of talent. I guess that's why they are always so weird and crazy.

That's what I see, too. I doubt there are ANY shut down CBs in this league with the rules stacked up against them.

That's what I see, too. I doubt there are ANY shut down CBs in this league with the rules stacked up against them.

Well Champ Bailey is. Deion Sanders would be if he was 26 again. But that's the short list. To be a Shutdown Corner in the NFL now you have to be physically superior to every single WR you line up against as well as have perfect technique. It's just to little of a margin for error these days.

i thought whitworth had a good little interview on there too, and why doesnt the saints website have video things like this i think that is a good idea (or did i just miss them?)

True. Fans of all 32 NFL teams constantly complain about their CBs. If only we had shutdown corners, they say. It's a wicked position to play, because when you get burned it's likely a TD or close to it. Add to that, every game you're up against WRs who are taller, heavier, faster.

The CB position is probably the one that will change most through generational change in the future. Sooner or later a new breed will emerge of 6ft4in corners who still have all the speed and agility of today's smaller CBs.

But when that happens and CBs start preventing more touchdowns, the NFL will change the rules again in favor of the offense.

Mrs Smith, don't raise your boy to be an NFL CB.

I rarely ever see why MM gets so much criticism from our fans anyways...

Other teams really do not throw his way much at all when he's in man-to-man coverage, which speaks volumes for his ability.

And he seems to get "beat" 90% of the time when it's a play where you've gotta tip your cap to the QB and WR for making perfect passes and catches...

He's a pretty darn good cover corner...

I never really read any pre-game talk a because 99.9% of the time its the same old cliche "this team is great" they do great things on offense and defense" blah blah blah.......Really its pointless.....

That .1% of the time is a guy like Chad Johnson who will usually say something but you know its usually just some fake for the camera S@#t......

You are absolutely correct. Just like after a loss, they (coaches) say the same things over and over every week. It does get a little boring but I still read it.

does this suprise you guys really, this has been said before
MM gets alot of respect except from his fans

its not reverse psychology steve smith has said the same thing

the chad interview was wierd
he seems so serious
he said the cell phone was a good one

The height advantage alone Chad has has him seeing big plays on Mike. ...

When people talk about someone having a height advantage, there's usually more than a one-inch difference:

McKenzie: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133358

C Johnson: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235222

:shrug:

As far as shut-down corners go, as others have stated, it's a very short list. More often than not, if you see a team getting good CB play you can trace it back to a pass rush that's getting consistent pressure on the QB.

...The height advantage alone Chad has has him seeing big plays on Mike.

I was thinking the same thing! It must be intimidating for MM at only 6' tall to look across (and up) at the huge 6'1" Ocho Cinco! /sarcasm off.

Come on man! 1 freakin' inch is hardly a height advantage. MM matches up really well against the Bengals WRs. It's the match-ups where Fred Thomas or "burnt-toast" Craft are manning up on T.J. Whoseyourmamma and/or Chris Henry that have me worried. If you want to talk about size advantages, that's where the Bengals have it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom