Chad Johnson/Carson Palmer: Mike Mckenzie probably the best CB we'll face all season (1 Viewer)

Whose-your-momma will have a huge day if the Bengals actually have to throw the ball. Rudi Johnson is licking his chops.

Surely McKenzie will be on Johnson. Johnson is much more physical then Housh. McKenzie is a significantly better matchup with him. I believe Johnson is anticipating this with his compliments.

And as for McKenzie. Look when we got him he was one of the top CBs in the NFL. The change in rule emphasis hindered his physical style (which is why he draws penalties sometimes) but it's not like he turned into a pumpkin. He still has cover skills.

CBs get way to much criticism considering the difficulty of the position and rarity of talent. I guess that's why they are always so weird and crazy.

I still think MM is one of the better corners in the league and that our CB's are well above league average.

Yes, it would make since to leave MM to play CJ but MM only plays one CB position while Cincy moves Johnson around to give him the best match up possible. I fully expect to see CJ testing Thomas if he plays (please play) and if Craft is in for Thomas then Johnson and Palmer both will be smiling from ear to ear.

What difference does it make, we got Jason Craft. They won't have to deal with MM.

Jason Craft better known as Pearl Harbor.

Whose-your-momma will have a huge day if the Bengals actually have to throw the ball. Rudi Johnson is licking his chops.

Rudi doesn't have the speed... or the O-line to match Willie Parker.

And if you take away Willie's 2 looooong runs, that he bounced outside, he doesn't put up very impressive numbers against us at all. Something like 148 yds off of 2 carries.

Oh, there gonna throw the ball... I'm sure of that. We've just GOT to get consistent pressure on CP, and make soooo much noise that they have trouble getting their stuff together.

In other news, Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson called Jimmy Carter "easily the best U.S. President of my lifetime, for sure."

Former President Carter, who will give away a two-inch advantage to Johnson but has not given up a touchdown pass all season, was unavailable for comment.

he's horrible at run support

Not really, hes always flying around the RB and seems to make the tackles on them as much as our safeties.

but ok.... whatever.

It's in times like this that make me wish we still had Michael Hawthorne. :smileypimp:

Hawthorne was big CB at like 6'3" or something, but the guy couldn't cover anyone. Right now our biggest CB is DeLoach at 6'2"... I don't know too much about him, but I'd be willing to give him a shot at the 6'1" but very physical Houshmanzadeh or the 6'4" Chris Henry over Craft.

Hawthorne was big CB at like 6'3" or something, but the guy couldn't cover anyone. Right now our biggest CB is DeLoach at 6'2"... I don't know too much about him, but I'd be willing to give him a shot at the 6'1" but very physical Houshmanzadeh or the 6'4" Chris Henry over Craft.

Chris Henry will be the bengals leading reciever this week. Write it down. Craft is gonna get beat the worst we've seen him all year. Gonna be embarassing.

Chris Henry will be the bengals leading reciever this week. Write it down. Craft is gonna get beat the worst we've seen him all year. Gonna be embarassing.

Yeah, Henry scares me this week. He'll most likely be lined up in the slot, where he'll have the advantage over pretty much everyone we have to throw at him there.

Like I said, the best way to stop this passing attack is at it's source... GET TO PALMER EARLY AND OFTEN, AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing! It must be intimidating for MM at only 6' tall to look across (and up) at the huge 6'1" Ocho Cinco! /sarcasm off.

Come on man! 1 freakin' inch is hardly a height advantage. MM matches up really well against the Bengals WRs. It's the match-ups where Fred Thomas or "burnt-toast" Craft are manning up on T.J. Whoseyourmamma and/or Chris Henry that have me worried. If you want to talk about size advantages, that's where the Bengals have it.

Fred's played well against bigger receivers - He really doesn't have much of a choice.

At 5' 9'', most WR's are going to be bigger than him... Says alot about Fred being able to survive in this league as long as he has...

Craft? Receivers could be 5'4", and he'd still scare me.

Another week with no pass rush help from our safeties cause they're going to have to double Johnson and sometimes TJ. We're going to have to get pressure by sending a LB. Sorry, I still just don't see us winning this game and I pray that I'm wrong. I'm ready to eat my crow after we win our 7th game.

Fred's played well against bigger receivers - He really doesn't have much of a choice.

At 5' 9'', most WR's are going to be bigger than him... Says alot about Fred being able to survive in this league as long as he has...

Craft? Receivers could be 5'4", and he'd still scare me.

That's a good point about Fred T. but T.J. Housh... is super physical. Maybe we'd be better off if MM matched up against Housh and Fred played 85.

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this but did anyone see MM run from a mile away to tackle Willie Parker? Sure, they still scored a couple plays later but what if they hadn't? The main point is that he gave the defense a small chance to prevent a touchdown. I have been down on MM for most of the year but after reading this post, I'm reconsidering how I feel about his play this year. I must admit, he's always hustling and around the ball. He plays hard and doesn't give up. I never had a problem with his personality....I think I'm a MM fan again!!

Yeah, Henry scares me this week. He'll most likely be lined up in the slot, where he'll have the advantage over pretty much everyone we have to throw at him there.

Like I said, the best way to stop this passing attack is at it's source... GET TO PALMER EARLY AND OFTEN, AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

The best way to beat Carson and his trio is to keep them off the field as much as possible.

Translated: Saints O plays balanced, ball control game (especially against the 27th ranked D), and no turnovers... Long, sustained drives - TOP.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom