Chad Johnson on Mike & Mike (1 Viewer)

Chad Johnson would be a steal for a 2nd round pick. Earlier in the year Chris Chambers was traded to the Chargers for a 2nd.

Chambers didn't demand a trade; when a guy publicly says he wants out and demands a trade, teams give up very little to get those players.

I'd love to see him on here. I don't know if we could afford him, but he'd make our offence ridiculous. Fun guy in a party town, it would be a perfect fit. I'd be surprised to see it happen, but pleased nonetheless.

I figure we go with Free Agency to pick up defense.
That's one pick out the draft, the rest could be used on defense. All I am saying, if you have the chance to pick up a guy like Johnson you don't let it slip by...He has alot of years left in his tank.

In free agency, teams don't put all of their eggs into one basket. Each team, including the Saints, have target positions and target players to address each of these target positions. Just because a team targets a particular FA does not necessarily mean that that team will be successful in acquiring that FA, therefore the target position will need to be addressed via the draft.

At the end of the FA signing period, the remaining target positions will be addressed in the draft. Is WR our highest priority? Of course not, but it is a target in most people's estimation.

If one of our current FO's target positions is WR, the Saints could well target Chad Johnson because there appears to be a tight relationship between the Cincinnati Bengals and the New Orleans Saints, who even held cooperative workouts and a scrimmage together in which players and coaches from both squads befriended each other.

Don't rule out trades or pickups from one team to the other.

I don't know, I just can't feel the same enthusiasm. If the claim is that Johnson is a can't pass on type of talent, then logic dictates that if Cincy is ready to part ways, it's for something much more than "he cuts up."

I'm not saying emphatically that it would be a bad move, but it doesn't impress me as some slam-dunk kinda no-brainer, either. Caveat emptor comes to mind.

Cincy has no problem keeping guys like Odell Thurman and Chris Henry around. That tells me they have bigger problems than Chad, but he's making noise and as they say, "Squeaky wheel gets the grease." I believe they also pay the least for their scouting department. While that doesn't directly affect this situation, it does show they don't place much value on finding talent. And as fans of a team that let Morten Andersen go and haven't ever really replaced him, I think we know a little something about how "smart" these teams truly are. Never underestimate a bruised ego, especially in sports and business.

But we were able to run much better with AS and PT? On offense Im more concerned with the O-line giving Brees more time in the pocket.

That's critical seeing how we gave up the fewest sacks in the league!

Saints better bring him in, He doesn't have a criminal record like some people here are assuming, he's not a trouble maker, he just has fun with his success catches, not a big deal, he has to pay the fines not the team, I say bring him in immediately!!! Screw the Concept "PAYTONS GUY" We need to win now.

Saints better bring him in, He doesn't have a criminal record like some people here are assuming, he's not a trouble maker, he just has fun with his success catches, not a big deal, he has to pay the fines not the team, I say bring him in immediately!!! Screw the Concept "PAYTONS GUY" We need to win now.

The offseason is long and many things could develop. In the NFL, draft choices sometimes make other players expendable (i.e. pick of Colston = release of Stallworth). I wouldn't rule out a trade, despite Lewis's declaration to the contrary.

Randy Moss didn't seem to be Bellichick guys. Chad Johnson can be "coached up" the same way Moss was "coached up." Johnson and Moss, both fun-loving and highly talented recievers, in the past have crossed the line of decency and sportsmanship, but benefit from the structure of strong-willed coaches who enforce boundaries. Chad Johnson's flamboyant personality aside, his style of play fits especially well in Payton's scheme.

I, for one, would welcome Chad Johnson to the black-and-gold. The Saints and Bengals got to know each other a little at their JOINT-PRACTICE SESSIONS and SCRIMMAGE last preseason.

Who knows? The 2008 Chad Johnson could be the next 2007 Randy Moss! The 2008 Saints could be the next 2007 Patriots.

Is anyone else as receptive to Chad Johnson as I am?

Last edited:
If we are going to pay big money for a WR I would rather have Roy Williams

Chad Johnson for a third round pick is a no-brainer. As much as the Saints need defense, only Colston and Meachem are under contract, as one poster pointed out. Besides, after Colston, the Saints have a bunch of 3rd and 4th receivers. Frankly, I'd get 85, keep Patten and maybe Copper, and go from there. That gives you Colston (big and tough), Meachem (big and fast), Johnson (very tough and consistent), Patten (quick and crafty), and Copper (solid and good special teamer).

Ocho is starting to get to the T.O. level. I'll pass.

Look at what we gave up for Antonio Pittman and he isn't even on the team. Johnson would immediately make us the best WR combo in the NFC and one of the top three in the league.

trade a 3rd and simoneau or shanle..they would probably bite on that deal

See if we can get David Jones back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom