Chad Kelly (1 Viewer)

I know many will say no because a bunch of LSU fans. But, just saying seen him destroy great defenses in the SEC with zero to no running game. Again, I'm not saying a high round pick but being the best QB in his only two years of college ball must be something to him.
I think he's a good QB that has the ability to translate to the NFL. His character is somewhat questionable though. That's the issue.

Again, just for conversation. I see him being a low risk, high reward draft pick. All these things being said about off the field stuff is so trival for a kid. Got into with coaches (after the lied during his recruitment), out to late at a night club. Yes, those are issues but on the field he's really good.

I'd go for Trevor Knight, or a Trevor Knight type over Chad Kelly.

1. Knight will more than likely be had for a mid to late round pick, so you wouldn't be making a big investment in him.

2. He idolizes Brees and shares the same kind of work ethic. I have seen no reports of attitude issues for Trevor Knight.

3. You'd have at least 2-3 years to develop him before the pressure really starts to find the heir to Brees' throne.

Brees is bananas. He's got insane talent at receiver. Armstead, Peat, and Under are monsters. Brees will play to 40, maybe even longer. That gives the Saints plenty of time to develop and assess whether or not Knight is the future, and time to get a different QB if Knight flops. If Knight is the future, then when Brees hangs it up, we'll have an in-house guy who already knows the entire system and has well established chemistry with the offense.

Again, just for conversation. I see him being a low risk, high reward draft pick. All these things being said about off the field stuff is so trival for a kid. Got into with coaches (after the lied during his recruitment), out to late at a night club. Yes, those are issues but on the field he's really good.

Google Johnny Manziel

I'd go for Trevor Knight, or a Trevor Knight type over Chad Kelly.

1. Knight will more than likely be had for a mid to late round pick, so you wouldn't be making a big investment in him.

2. He idolizes Brees and shares the same kind of work ethic. I have seen no reports of attitude issues for Trevor Knight.

3. You'd have at least 2-3 years to develop him before the pressure really starts to find the heir to Brees' throne.

Brees is bananas. He's got insane talent at receiver. Armstead, Peat, and Under are monsters. Brees will play to 40, maybe even longer. That gives the Saints plenty of time to develop and assess whether or not Knight is the future, and time to get a different QB if Knight flops. If Knight is the future, then when Brees hangs it up, we'll have an in-house guy who already knows the entire system and has well established chemistry with the offense.

Trevor Knight is like Johnny Manziel. Great college QB, probably not so much in the NFL. Plus, he needs to put on weight if he's going to be a read option QB.

Absolutely NO on Chad Kelly. Dude is a punk.

I wouldn't mind us going after Jake Browning from U of Washington or Deshaun Watson from Clemson.

I was at the game last Saturday.

Kelly will quit on you if things aren't going well late in the game.

And he's guaranteed to throw a game-changing INT in the 4th quarter of basically every SEC matchup.

I'm a Chad Kelly convert and a rebel fan....but the Saints don't need a quarterback. Chad Kelly WILL make an NFL roster and may do well (he has zero OL currently), but he's not a Aaron Rogers or a Dak Prescott coming in. He's a 3-4 year project at this level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom