champ bailey question (1 Viewer)

yeah but 10th against the run and last against the pass kinda makes me think that our line isn't that bad? we upgraded the LB corps (high risk players yes).

thing is if our D line don't get to the QB our CB's ain't stopping recievers on the ground or the ball in the air getting to them and teams are moving the ball againts us.

idk about champ but i would give both 1st round draft picks this year and next for al harris. My opinion he is the best corner for our system man2man

2 firsts, I would have already offered Nnamdi Ashomuga a deal even as a franchised player. Way I see it he is young and better than any corner in the draft bar none by far, and better than and corner in the NFL, although thats alot closer. We very well might give up half that offer this year and bring in a player we would all dream would be half the player Nnamdi is.

He's an exclusive rights franchise player. We couldnt negotiate with him even if we wanted to. As for the original post, I would do a 1st this year and a 2nd next year, nothing more.

Hey I would do it in a heart beat for Nanmdi, 2 firsts is the cost (here you go Al), I know some of you say i'm crazy etc. But umm didn't we basicly do the same thing for Jonathan Sullivan and got nothing in return. Hey your all still fans, and are here now even after we pulled that gem out of the draft and blew away 2 firsts. I figure some people will be mad at first, But hey, at least I would fix the secondary.

He is 30 years old. Noway would I give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder for a player who only has 3-4 years left. He is a great CB, but is living proof that it doesn't matter if you don't have a great front 7. I'd rather keep the picks, and upgrade the front 7 instead of giving up half a draft for a CB.

Exactly. I was thinking this from the first post in this thread and finally you said it. He's awesome, but for how many more seasons? I wouldn't give up any chance of building our franchise from within for the next few years for ANY player unless a) they were good enough to not only upgrade our team substantially but give us a huge leg up on everyone else (check) and b) young and promising enough to spend their prime with us and be able to contribute the majority of their productive years with us (too late).

No one is saying that we should do it... the question is simply if you could... you as in the fan.. and not the GM... We;'re not even talking about it in the business sense. No one is pushing for it nor are we expecting it to happen.... It's a fantasy trade.. what did you expect? And for you to put down people's opinions makes you better? I'm glad you think you know me or any other member well enough to make the assumption that we're still in high school.

Look under "age" to the left. Not that hard to figure out who is still in high school my friend. And it's not just this thread I'm talking about. This is not a Madden website, so why worry about ridiculous "fantasy" trades?

You give up damn near whatever it takes to bring in a top notch corner now a days. Corners are a need not a luxury. I would easily give up 2 1st for Champ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom