champ bailey question (1 Viewer)

2nd rounder thisyear and 2nd nextyear
but keep dreaming

Just draft DRC. he's younger than the top CBs and we wouldn't lose picks. Because a top corner would cost a lot.

if you could trade for champ bailey (or any other top CB) what would you be prepared to give up for him?
For Champ, I'd give them our first this year, second next year, and third in 2010. Maybe more if needed...

But not for any other "top" corner.
Champ is the best and he will remain that way for at least the next 5 years IMO.

I wouldn't give anything for him. With his contract, it would be difficult to upgrade our defensive line and if we aren't able to do that, he won't be any better for us than he was with the Donkeys last year.

I wouldn't give anything for him. With his contract, it would be difficult to upgrade our defensive line and if we aren't able to do that, he won't be any better for us than he was with the Donkeys last year.
OP please correct me if I'm wrong but I assumed the question has nothing to do with money. Suppose he had a really small, affordable contract. What would you be willing to give up for him?

I'd give up the entire 07 draft for him. Still the best DB in the league in my mind. He had a down year and I expect him to take back his throne this upcoming season.

if you could trade for champ bailey (or any other top CB) what would you be prepared to give up for him?

2 firsts, I would have already offered Nnamdi Ashomuga a deal even as a franchised player. Way I see it he is young and better than any corner in the draft bar none by far, and better than and corner in the NFL, although thats alot closer. We very well might give up half that offer this year and bring in a player we would all dream would be half the player Nnamdi is.

SuperQuincy great point what would we have to do to get Nnamdi Ashomuga in the black & gold? and the questions was mearly a trivial one to see what everyone would give to better the secondary as i'm not that sure Gay is that much of an upgrade and let's be honest with ourselves we're bad!

He is 30 years old. Noway would I give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder for a player who only has 3-4 years left. He is a great CB, but is living proof that it doesn't matter if you don't have a great front 7. I'd rather keep the picks, and upgrade the front 7 instead of giving up half a draft for a CB.

He'll be productive in the league for another 5-6 years imo. He's been relatively healthy his entire career.

Thank God you people don't work for the Saints! Some people refuse to think of football in a business sense, only thinking of what trade they would "force" on Madden. I mean a lot of you haven't even graduated high school, but you know what trade would make the team better? You might need to pass Algebra or before you start thinking about trading for highly priced players, and trading our bad players at that. It's really comical.

No one is saying that we should do it... the question is simply if you could... you as in the fan.. and not the GM... We;'re not even talking about it in the business sense. No one is pushing for it nor are we expecting it to happen.... It's a fantasy trade.. what did you expect? And for you to put down people's opinions makes you better? I'm glad you think you know me or any other member well enough to make the assumption that we're still in high school.

C'mon. I know our CB's aren't very good, but really? Without google, name me 5 CB's in the Hall of Fame. Tough huh? Now name me 20 defensive line men. Or 30 linebackers. You tell me who is more important. No CB is worth as much as an equally as good LB or DE/DT. By the way, the Giants had a rookie starting CB (Aaron Ross) in the Super Bowl and took down the best passing team ever. Corners just aren't as important as other positions. Now before I get roasted, I said not "as" important. I never said "not important".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom