chance of mingo at 15 (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
what are the chances we will find barkevious mingo on the board with the 15th pick comes around? i'd love to see him in the saints uniform next year, as would rob ryan i'd assume?

Better than it was just a week ago. Even though he had a solid combine other guys had great ones. I'd love him as a Saint; you can't coach speed and his first step is off the charts.

IMO, Mingo, Jordan and Ansah are now out of the question

I don't see it happening, but sometimes people slip. At least one mock I saw pre-Peach Bowl had him landing here (and it wasn't some LSU homer's board either, it was some legit draftnick site -- I just can't remember which). I wouldn't get my hopes up, though.

A lot of people are saying Jarvis Jones will drop us, due to his spinal stenosis. I would be fine with that, but I would love to see KeKe Mingo in a Saints Uni, as well. He did not have the stats, but it was mostly because of the scheme LSU was in. He was a 4-3 DE, who was asked to read and react, not get up field. He has the speed to get around the edge. I know some analysts have said he looked a little stiff, and did not have good bend in his hips, to dip around the edge.

I think that there is a better than 50/50 shot of Mingo dropping to us. I actually think we'll have a decent shot of having our choice between Jarvis Jones and Mingo. I personally would prefer us to take a player with a clean bill of health. So, in that scenario Mingo would be my choice.

I think that there is a better than 50/50 shot of Mingo dropping to us. I actually think we'll have a decent shot of having our choice between Jarvis Jones and Mingo. I personally would prefer us to take a player with a clean bill of health. So, in that scenario Mingo would be my choice.
Have to agree with you. I also think Mingo lands between picks 10-15, giving us at least a 50% chance.

Trust me, Mingo falling to 15 is not going to happen. Any scout or GM who has seen his initial burst and ceiling is going to pull the trigger.

We would need several reaches for QB's to see Mingo drop to us. I still don't see Jarvis Jones being a sure thing at 15 either, he could blow up his pro day and be taken before 15. We need teams with needs @ the QB position to reach for a QB.

Trust me, Mingo falling to 15 is not going to happen. Any scout or GM who has seen his initial burst and ceiling is going to pull the trigger.

I agree. Mingo is pretty much slotted into the top 10 after his combine performance.

I agree. Mingo is pretty much slotted into the top 10 after his combine performance.

I dunno...other guys that were slated as higher had pretty good combines.

OF course we all know that the combine doesn't make or break many prospects..it just more or less confirms what the scouts see on tape.

With that being said i think the chances are maybe slightly higher than they were a few weeks ago...but not by much.

IF he doesn't go in the top 10 then maybe...but there are a few teams ahead of us that could pick him up.

Mingo's character will distance him from the pack, the guy is extremely humble. He is from my home town of West Monroe. I don't think he makes it out of the top 10.

Two words PRO DAY... The combine is a first date for most teams and Players. We will see teams interest peak with certain guys, many with there guy in mind when they leave. Curious how they attack free agency also Remember 1st rounder should be instant starter with pro bowler material.This is no matter what position as long as its an upgrade to what you have. Don't fall in love with no one POSITION because of need especially in the 1st. This creates bust and disappointments no good for GMS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom