Chances Guard position is solidified tonight? (1 Viewer)

OK, so it was that bad. I'm gonna watch the game now. It's only 9am here, but I'm opening a bottle of bourbon - to prepare. Thanks for the forewarning.

I'd recommend a second bottle for the second half and any sedatives you have available. Good luck sir !

I didn't watch Turner every time he played but when I did make it a point to watch just him, he dominated the guy he was blocking. I watched him block a guy 10 yards past the LOS. Definitely better than Tim Lelito. Peat does look bad out there at times. the defense played well as far as allowing scores are concerned. we need more competition at guard. good competition.

I'd recommend a second bottle for the second half and any sedatives you have available. Good luck sir !

Man, I just watched Lelito get pushed aside like a rag doll. He went one-on-one with the nose tackle, pads way too high. Lost the leverage battle, thrown aside like a toy, while Ingram got stuffed.

Turner and Fullington deserve time with the ones this week.

Lelito and Peat are not the answer.

Next play, Lelito bull-rushed - by a linebacker... Main pressure was coming around the edge, Fleener's guy.

In the old days, Brees would've stepped up in the pocket. Not possible here.

It's done. I watched the first mostly sober. Re-winded a lot. Second half... not so sober. :)

Impressions:

1) The OLINE sucks. So what. Because...
2) The defense doesn't suck.

When was the last time anyone could say that?

I walk (or stagger) away from this game moderately happy. Defense is fixed.

I thought the starting line was fine with Peat at guard. Guard play looked better than tackle play to me at the first look. But that was one of the top defenses in the NFL even without JJ. Peat just needs more reps at guard, and they all need more reps together.

Now Peat at tackle is a totally different story. He just seems way too stiff. I have yet to see anything to make me think he should have been a first-round draft pick.

I haven't seen the game yet (not televised up here). But my god, this sounds terrible.

So the guards were that bad?

The starting guards, Lelito and Peat were bad. Zach Strief was bad. Our starting OL is in trouble.

On the brightside, I thought Allen played well as did Landon Turner, except for one play where the Texans ran a stunt and beat Turner. That's to be expected, with an UDFA guard in his second preseason game ever. Other than that one play, I think Turner looked good. I really want to see him get some time with the 1's in place of Lelito.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom