Change of Guard in the secondary (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our secondary needs a major makeover. Greer was a solid CB but he is aging and his injuries have been somewhat of a concern. He doesn't seem like someone that can hold the big WRs in our division whom we play twice every year. PRob is just pathetic. I dont even wanna talk about him after watching him get abused by Dez Bryant the way he did. I truly like Malcom Jenkins. I just feel like Roman Harper's horrible play has let him down. Jenkins can still play good at FS. I started a thread a week ago about potentially going after Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in FA. We should draft another one this year. Maybe Darius Slay. He shows some good skills on the film and he had an excellent draft. Loomis really needs to clean house by removing all the dead weight on our defense.

I agree 100%. Sign Nnamdi and draft Rhodes early and Ray Armstrong late since the new DB coached had him at Miami...

When Dez decides to show-up and play full-out in a game, there's no CB that can stop him.

I disagree. CBs might get beat when Dez shows up but they most certainly dont get so badly abused the way PRob did. I lost total faith in that guy after watching that game. We have guys like JJ, Roddy, VJax and Steve Smith to defend in our division. And I don't see him do that.

cb is one of the positions that is always under fan scrutiny; understandably. I thought greer did his job last season and 31 isn't the death age of a cb, so I still think he can hold it down for 2013. I would like to see us bring in someone that can alleviate some of the workload on the other side of the field though. when your front seven doesn't provide any pressure, it really makes your secondary look a little frazzled.

Since nmamdi is gonna get cut if a team picks him up do they owe him his contract or is a new contract done or do u think if we picked him up he would restructure cuz him and rob Ryan are buddies, if we could get him and Rhodes or trufant then get Jamie Collins watch out!

Pat Rob plays man to man spags ran zone..discussion over

Couldn't agree more i remember when he shut down Andre Johnson, he is a terrific natural athlete w good instincts and ball skills but not to be rude he isn't smart enough to play zone, at FSU they put pRob on an island and he was terrific, zone was a terrible fit for him I think Robinson will be leaps and bounds better this year, add nmamdi and Jarvis jones our d could be serious

Couldn't agree more i remember when he shut down Andre Johnson, he is a terrific natural athlete w good instincts and ball skills but not to be rude he isn't smart enough to play zone, at FSU they put pRob on an island and he was terrific, zone was a terrible fit for him I think Robinson will be leaps and bounds better this year, add nmamdi and Jarvis jones our d could be serious

This!! It's just who some people are. It's like Chris ivory he can't catch out the backfield and when he doesn't he's bad at it, but let him run he's a beast. Some players just fit one scheme. That's why you have didn't type of players. Like clay mattews, heck of a pass rusher. But he's not that good covering.

i hope so.... i really really really really hope so

I agree 100%. Sign Nnamdi and draft Rhodes early and Ray Armstrong late since the new DB coached had him at Miami...

Rhodes is a zone CB and Ryan runs man coverage making it a bad pick. And Armstrong would tweet about violating NCAA rules which is not someone you want on your team.

Pat Rob plays man to man spags ran zone..discussion over

Dez Bryant destroyed PRob in man... I was at the game and I watched in horror.

As much as I like to use the excuse that Spags played alot of zone... our corners got burned alot in man. But it wasn't all the DBs fault we had absolutely NO pass rush.

Dez Bryant destroyed PRob in man... I was at the game and I watched in horror.

As much as I like to use the excuse that Spags played alot of zone... our corners got burned alot in man. But it wasn't all the DBs fault we had absolutely NO pass rush.

Even with good pass rush I don't see these guys keeping up with outside receivers one on one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom