Change of Guard in the secondary (1 Viewer)

I agree gotta go CB in 1st rd, either Rhodes or Trufant. Someone previously said Rhodes is a zone CB, no he is not go rewatch tape. I think pass rush needs to be addressed in FA (hopeful for Kruger). Honestly, if we can get Kruger in FA then I say take both Rhodes AND Trufant. Plus, Tez Wilson fits the mold of and elite pass rusher just gotta give him a chance to breakout!

I disagree. CBs might get beat when Dez shows up but they most certainly dont get so badly abused the way PRob did. I lost total faith in that guy after watching that game. We have guys like JJ, Roddy, VJax and Steve Smith to defend in our division. And I don't see him do that.

uh, he's already done it, there is tape to prove it, and multiple times..
so, when he has a bad day against someone out of our div. you then worry about the one's he's actually defended well? . doesn't make much sense.:aargh:

uh, he's already done it, there is tape to prove it, and multiple times..
so, when he has a bad day against someone out of our div. you then worry about the one's he's actually defended well? . doesn't make much sense.:aargh:

Ya but he also had lots of help over top. He won't anymore. Thats scary.

I disagree. CBs might get beat when Dez shows up but they most certainly dont get so badly abused the way PRob did. I lost total faith in that guy after watching that game. We have guys like JJ, Roddy, VJax and Steve Smith to defend in our division. And I don't see him do that.

Yea but when did he get abused like that before? I'm not trying to say he's great but you guys can be ridiculous, fans in general are ridiculous... A player can be solid, average all season long and get abused one time and that defines that player to the fans... JP had an embarrassing game that day but he's not usually that bad...

Rhodes is a zone CB and Ryan runs man coverage making it a bad pick. And Armstrong would tweet about violating NCAA rules which is not someone you want on your team.

He's not a zone cb. Hes a cb eho olayed man to man and zone. That, with his size and athletic ability is why he shot up the draft board to be a projected top 15 pick.

I thought that Elbert Mack and Corey White got better last year as the season went on. We have alot of needs on defense. But we won't fix all of them in one season. The fun part of this from a fan's perspective, is guessing what holes are the most glaring.

I don't see it being corner, in my opinion. I have a bigger issue with our linebackers and safeties. I personally believe that this move to the 34 and hiring a DC who tends to rely on man coverage helps put our players in a better spot to succeed. Now we need to figure out what the biggest weaknesses are. I personally feel like it is
1. OLB
2. Safety
3. NT
4. DE
5. CB
6. ILB.

My free agency would be to try and add a piece in that order until the money runs dry. This will dry up quick if we keep talking about that one big price free agent.

I think we all agree that we would like this defense to improve as quick as possible to get as many SB as we can while Brees is still on our roster. I believe our best bet is to look at players in the Butler, Francois, Chung, Grant (Larry SF ILB) mold. Those 4 players will probably cost the same as an Avril mega deal.

Clearly, there is room for improvements in the secondary. I am sure it is quite possible that we draft DB in this year's draft, possibly even in the first round. Possibles prospect, such as: Milliner, Rhodes, Elam, Vaccaro, Trufant, Reid ...ect (or maybe beyond round 1) and imo, will also likely sign DB FA(s).

Since nmamdi is gonna get cut if a team picks him up do they owe him his contract or is a new contract done or do u think if we picked him up he would restructure cuz him and rob Ryan are buddies, if we could get him and Rhodes or trufant then get Jamie Collins watch out!

Yeah, I agree, that would be great. However I would also include signing the CB Lewis from the Steelers. 6' tall, great speed, leaping ability, and tough. 10 pass breakups last season in limited playing time. Only 23 years old too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom