Change of pace: Daniel Jeremiah's first mock draft (and top 50 prospects) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since I think we are over-reacting on this not-likely-Burrow-to-the-Saints-for the farm, I thought we need a change of pace.

We also need to get familiar with some of the names we will be listening and digesting for the next four months.

So here is the first opinion from someone who knows. I know it is too early but I think it is interesting where the talent is falling right now, and will be falling by late April.

So here is the first draft:

His pick for us?

draft.png

Also, here is Jeremiah's top 50 (Burrow is #3)

Thanks, Guillermo. Note how high Jeremiah has Love rated and how high he has Herbert and Love being drafted. Assuming the medical evaluations are positive, I truly believe that some team is going to trade into the 3 or 4 slot to pick Tua, whether it be a team like the Chargers or the Colts trading up, or even Miami trading up to ensure they draft Tua.

Wide receiver seems to be a strength this year, and wide receivers tend to fall a bit in the first round. The conventional wisdom at this time is that we will go receiver at 24.

Jefferson would be ideal there.

Love is showing out at the senior bowl right now. I’m guessing he’s gone by 10.

I like the pick but Jefferson is more of a #3 than a #2, his specialty is beating man coverage. He is what I like to call a 3rd down wr aka a "chain mover", something we haven't had since Lance Moore/Willie Snead. I would still try and get Bernard Perriman also, now the offense is set. We would have a top 5 offense and I would pour the rest of my resources to the defense.

Hoping we can address WR in free agency. Some receivers take years to develop. If we aren't getting our future QB in the draft I'd like to get an offensive or defensive lineman...or a linebacker.

Man, LSU & Alabama are sure gonna look a little different, when it comes to players, next year. Seems like they have a combined of 15 players in the top 50!

School: LSU | Year: Junior

Edwards-Helaire is a short, compact runner with quick feet, power and prowess in the passing game. On inside runs, he's a quick-stepper with darting lateral agility to slide and avoid contact. He runs extremely low to the ground and is tough for opponents to square up. He drives his legs on contact and pulls out of a lot of tackles. He is quick to capture the perimeter and refuses to run out of bounds, choosing instead to fight for extra yards. He is outstanding in the passing game. He can line up anywhere in the formation and he runs clean/crisp routes. He catches the ball outside his frame very smoothly and he's outstanding after the catch. His ability to start/stop in space is elite. He is rarely used in pass protection because of his value out in the route. Overall, Edwards-Helaire has a very similar skill set to Austin Ekeler -- I envision a similar role/results at the next level.

I'd love to have a shot at him in the second. Too bad we don't have one of those. He reminds me of a cross between Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles.

Man, LSU & Alabama are sure gonna look a little different, when it comes to players, next year. Seems like they have a combined of 15 players in the top 50!

This is not all that unusual. LSU has a few guys that declared for the draft that maybe wouldn't have if not for their stock rising for being part of a national championship team. That happens every year at Alabama... But honestly, I'd bet LSU and Bama are close to the top, if not THE top 2 teams when it comes to having underclassmen declare early.

I'd love to have a shot at him in the second. Too bad we don't have one of those. He reminds me of a cross between Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles.

Homer or not, there are several LSU players that would be perfect for the Saints this year. Edwards Helaire is one of them. Especially if we're not able to retain Kamara.

I like the Jefferson pick in the OP as well. But if I'm being honest, the WR from LSU that would just be ridiculous lined up opposite of MT won't be draftable until next year. Ja' marr Chase is going to be a straight up killer in the NFL.

If we go Wide Receiver then Michael Pittman Jr has to be the pick hands down.

He is the closest wr to Michael Thomas in this draft.

I can't understand why he is all the way down at #45.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom