Change To A 3-4 Defense? (1 Viewer)

turleyfan

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if we could switch to a 3-4 defense in one off season or would it require a couple seasons.:dunno:

Its alive yet again boys and girls of good Sr.com.

How about a 46 Defense would that be better for us?

Justmessingwithyouturleyyouknow/

thanks for the interesting topic this has never been discussed on these forums before

in other words, no

we don't have the personell, and it would require a couple seasons, and i want a superbowl NOW!!!

I think you could do it but.......

Changing your defensive schemes will have its growing pains especially not having the front 7 to run it properly. You need your outside rushing to have the ablility to not only rush the passers but to drop in coverage and in some cases cover te's and rbs. It is a hard thing to do period and your asking a player ala Will smith to do something that is not in his comfort zone. Can it be done, i would think so but like i said b4 it wouldn't be a smooth transistion at all. U need a dt that demands a double team and inside backers who can shed blocks something that we don't have. It would have to be a work in progress. I would say at a minimum two seasons to get that front seven where you want them to be and working properly.

Thanks for the lack of sarcasm Dave.

It would take a couple of seasons..........Was wondering because of the Zach Thomas discussion.He may not be strong suited for the 4-3.

um we can't even field 1 good LBer right now and you wanna try and put 4 out there. And I know Grant and Smith are both starting to look like space eaters, but they would get swallowed up in the run game considering we have no Lbers that could take on a blocker. Oh and we still would have garbage corners, so we would need to fix them as well.

I'd say if you also take into consideration we are set up for a 4-3 and can't even run that well. I'd say it will be roughly forever and a day before we could imply a 3 - 4 here.

Remember, he was first in a 4-3

It would take a couple of seasons..........Was wondering because of the Zach Thomas discussion.He may not be strong suited for the 4-3.

This guy has been having chronic concussions issues. When your are in a 3-4 you are going to be banging against guards almost every play. I think a 4-3 will at least keep blockers off of him as much.

why are people worried about changing the defensive scheme. can our defense get any worse than it already is.

why are people worried about changing the defensive scheme. can our defense get any worse than it already is.

Yea, and a coach or two could get fired. A couple players careers could be ruined. And a million Saints fans can watch on TV while the Saints play in LA after we go 2 and 12 and then 6 and 10.

He played 4-3 for about 10 years and Miami just recently, I think 3 years ago, switched to the 3-4..so yea..

Actually, yeah. It already Haz been. Or were you able to successfully block the 2004 season from your memory?

If so, please tell me how.

We're actually alot closer than some think in terms of personnel...

unless our "great" DE's lose weight... they are both at prime weight for DE in a 3-4. Hollis is big enough to man the NT... and Clancy has already played there.

We're missing a couple impact LBs which we could fill this offseason along with a couple guys to help in the secondary.

So yes it IS possible... probable though? no...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom