Char-grilled Oysters (1 Viewer)

gboudx

Clicks past Page 1 of Google searches
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From listening to 870am some nights, they broadcast the Players Show from Drago's on the river, or something like that. And they call it the "new home" of Drago's. Did they move from Metairie?

TPS

Reaction score
Hilton has a Dragos. I think Acme also makes these as does probably every major seafood restaurant in town since they are so popular.

I like my oysters the old fashioned, way, on the half shell. :17:

TPS

Brad Mojo

Formerly Ellis Hugh
Reaction score
I've had them at Acme and also Zeke's on Metairie Road. Neither of them were even close to Drago's. Very disappointing.

The ones at Zeke's were edible, but not great. The ones at Acme were just bad. I won't order them again even when I am at Acme anyway.

Drago's = :worthy:

(btw, the Hilton location is an expansion, not a relocation. Drago's Metairie isn't going anywhere.)

fish321

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
dockside seafood on hickory does em. they just started but i hear they are as good as dragos. Ive never been a huge fan of the rest of Dragos menu, but their oysters are good.

daybreaker

STH since 2006
Reaction score
I hate oysters. When people tell me "Here, try this oyster stuffing...I dontl ike oysters, but you cant even taste them!" I always taste the oysters, and I hate it.

That said, Drago's oysters are amazing. I mean, holy cow. It's just proof that if you keep adding butter, *anything* will eventually taste good. :p

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Phares in Lafayette near the Acadiana Mall. Different from those at Drago's, but still very good, and a dozen are only $8 with oysters half price on Thursday night.

Colin311

I want 5 of your years!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not too wild about the Drago's chargrilled oysters especially at $15 a dozen. Something about burnt cheese just turns my stomach. Anyhow, Deanies seafood sells them and they are pretty good but the best ones are the ones you make yourself.

donnad61463

I Still Believe!
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom